chapter 5: new year new me

december 31st..

my alarm screams at me, wait thats not my alarm. i open my eyes to see jax. "really buddy" i say pulling him up into my bed. "gooo back to sleep" i say putting my finger over his mouth. he closes his eyes, i look over at my clock to see 7am. uugghh. i close my eyes before falling back to sleep with jax.

i hear my actual alarm beeping so i quickly swipe. i look over at jax to see him still knocked out cold. i wake up Noel and attach her leash before taking her for a quick walk. which is pretty much me in my pjs while she pulls me on my pennyboard.

i take her back inside before feeding her puppy chow and myself a chocolate chip waffle. i look at my phone to see its 10:30. i sit at the counter eating my waffles and thinking about johnny. he hasnt left my mind since that day at the fair. which was a little less than a week ago.

the last moving truck arrived today so i guess we are spending the whole day un packing it.

it is 10:00pm now and my mom suggested i invite some friends over. what friends? i have met a couple people through youtube but most of them live on the east coast.

my mom invited practically the whole comunity over and there are about 20 people who showed up. only a few kids around 3-5 or 16-18 so im out of luck on making friends. ill just have to wait till school to do that.

the ball dropped and all that boring stuff, i just sat in my room editing my video and thinking about johnny. ooooh johnny..

•johnnys pov•

its currently 11:45, i wish sarah would just magically appear and kiss me when the ball drops. i know that seems kinda soon but i can not stop thinking about her. she's different, special. they way she treats everyone, shes just so sweet and cares and little too much about what everyone thinks of her, its cute.

i leave my room to go see the ball drop before going back up to my room. i quickly tweet:

@johnnyosings ask me some relationship questions under #AskJohnnyShip

i usually dont film my videos alone but i am tonight. i grab the camera darian's room before setting up and clicking record.

"hey guys its johnny and today i went over to twitter and asked you guys about relationship questions, i thought it would be fun because its new years and all.

so this first question is what do look for in a girl? i like when shes sweet and cares a little too much about what people think of her.

this question is from @johnnyocan do you have a crush? yes.

the next question is favorite thing to do with the girl you like? go somewhere alone and have a deep conversation.

the final question is why were you on sarahs instagram? i didnt know you were friends... i shippp it! whaaaa she posted it ohh noo" i say blushing while quickly searching my phone. i cant find it anywhere.. ugh!

"thanks for watching byeee"

i wonder if shes thinking about me as much as i think about her.

•sarahs pov•

i wonder if he's thinking about me as much as i think about him.

i take Noel for her last walk of the night before hopping into bed and falling asleep.

5 days later•

i quickly get ready for my first day of school. i put on my BH sweater and some jeans before grabbing my light blue jansport backpack and going into the kitchen. "ready for your first day?" my mum asks me. "yeah" i smile eating my breakfast then putting my lunch away.

"we have to go if you want to make it in time" my mum says. "ok" i say slipping on my converse sneakers. my mom leads me outside before we both get in the car.

i feel bad for luke his public school starts at 7:45 and ends at 2. i go in at 9 and end at 1.

we arrive up to the fairly large school. "i have to walk you in" my mom says getting out with me. we walk into the main office and my mom starts talking to the ladies at the front desk. my mom hugs me before leaving.

"welcome, im mrs. mongon" a lady says approching me. "sarah" i say shaking her hand. "i will show you your locker and your classroom and you will have some extra time to look around the school" she says. "thank you" i reply.

locker: 85
room: 24

my locker was right down the hall from my classroom. i grabbed everything i needed before looking around finding the café and the gym.

a bell rings so i quickly scurry looking around at room numbers not looking in front of me.

BAM i run into someone knocking me onto them, our bodies inches apart. i look at the person im on top of. could it be? "we gotta stop meeting like this" he giggles and i get up off of him and help him up. "j-johnny?" i say ever so gladly. "yes mam, i didnt know you went here" he said helping me pick up my books and my now cracked iphone 5s. "i just moved here remember" i say with a chuckle.

"oh yeah, i gotta get to class though. heres your books, im sorry about your phone, do you need help finding your class" he says so quickly. "slow down" i giggle, "thank you, its okay and i do" i answer. "what room?" "24" "me too, ill take you"

we both walk over together. what were the odds that he went to this school...