Chapter Fourteen

Josiah

Well today is the day I meet Sha'nae parents. Im nervous as hell. I hope I make a good impression for them. I know Nae told me not to worry and everything is gonna be ok but ion know.

"Good morning baby." Nae rolled over into my arms.

"Morning." I looked into her beautiful eyes. I kissed her on the forehead then sat up with my back against the headboard.

"Still nervous?" She sat up next to me. I gave her that look. "Im gon be right there baby."

"I know I just don't wanna come off a bad person." I said truthfully.

"How about you take a nice hot shower while I make breakfast." She said getting up.

"Alright." I gave her another kiss then heading for the bathroom.

Sha'nae POV

I walked into Leah room to see her still asleep. I left her like that and closed her door back. I started my way downstairs to make breakfast.

I can understand why Josiah feels that way. He hasn't met my parents yet and we are getting serious. It was actually my idea to bring Josiah and Leah to dinner. I thought it was time. I know that momma and daddy will love him. Well I know momma will.

I decided to make french toast and bacon so I got the food and started cooking.

When the food was finished I went upstairs and brushed my teeth and washed my face really fast. I came out the bathroom and told Josiah that breakfast was ready. I walked into Leah room and woke her up.

"Wake up babygirl." I shook her a bit. "Mommy made breakfast." She slowly started to open her eyes.

"Goodmorning mommy." She smiled up at me.

"Goodmorning babygirl. Go brush your teeth then you can eat."

"Ok." She said climbing out her bed going into the bathroom.

I walked into the kitchen to start making our plates and putting them on the table.

They came down the stairs and sat at the table. We said grace then started eating. Leah was just sitting there staring at her food.

"You want mommy to cut it?"

"Yes please." She smiled.

Later That Night

"Ok let's go before we be late." I said standing by the front door.

Josiah came down the stairs with Leah in his arms. "We're ready."

We got in the car and was one on our way to my parents house.

I looked over at Josiah and it seemed like he had a lot on his mind. "You ok baby?" I asked giving him my full attention since we were at a red light.

"Just a little nervous that's all." He said.

" It will be ok. If anything goes wrong I will be right there." I said truthfully.

"Thanks babe." He smiled.

10 minutes later we pulled up into my parents driveway. "We're here." I smiled. I love my parents to death but I hope they don't mess this up for me and Josiah specifically my dad.

We walked up to the door and rung the door bell. My mom opened the door for us and let us in.

"You must be Josiah and Leah?" She said looking towards them smiling.

"Yes ma'am." Josiah said while Leah had her face in his neck hiding. "Say hello Leah."

She lifted her head a little, "hello."

"She's such a cutie." Mama smiled.

"Hey baby." She kissed me on the forehead.

"Hey mama."

"Well let's go get your father."

We walked into the living room where dad was sitting watching a football game.

"Hi daddy." I said standing in front of him.

"Hey baby." He got up and hugged me.

He let me go and looked at Josiah. "You must be the man my daughter is dating?" He walked over to him.

"Yes sir I am." Josiah smiled looking at me.

"Over here." My dad said. He stared at him long and hard like he had a lot he wanted to say. "Welcome to my home." He cracked a smile.

What a relief. I thought he was gonna go off on him or something. Everybody knows how protective my dad is over me and I'm the only child.

Josiah let out a breath I'm guessing he been holding in. "Thank you." He smiled back.

"Well let's go eat the food is ready." Mama said.

We all walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table. The food looked delicious. She made chicken parmesan with pasta, garlic bread and a caesar salad with iced tea to drink. I always loved my mom's cooking.

"Daddy where am I gonna sit?" Leah said looking at him.

"I got you a chair you could sit in sweetie." My mom said walking away.

She came back with a high chair for Leah and put it between me and Josiah.

"What do you say?" Josiah said.

"Thank you." Leah smiled.

"Welcome sweetie."

"Let's eat I'm hungry." Dad said.