"You don't Choose who You Fall in Love With"

That day was never brought up again by anyone. Jace and I have been together for ten years now. We have five children, but we have not married yet. Nor have we confessed our love for each other. I could feel the love that we had for each other growing. But yet every time I would want to tell him, the words refused to surface.

We had got word that Alpha Zion was returning and everyone in the pack was going to be there. So we loaded up the children and took them to the village.    

With Zion coming mint that Reese was coming back also. 

Leaving the children at the house we all gathered at a place that they called the ceremonial clearing. Everyone was talking at the same time so it was hard to hear anything. I stood beside Jace, his arm around my waist holding me close to him. Beside us were his brothers and father and his brother's wives. None of them looked to be really happy that there Alpha was coming home. A matter of fact they looked as if they could kill him for taking Reese away. 

I shifted on my feet a little uncomfortable thinking about it now. 

"You alright," Jace asked me looking down

"Yeah" I look up at him and smiled

Kissing my lips he smiled 

"It will be over with soon"

I nod, then everything started to quieten down. A long black stretched limo pulls up behind the crowd. As the back door opens everyone bows their head out of respect for their Alpha. Even the Heyward's bowed their heads, even though their respect for him was a thin line. We all cleared a path for him as he starts toward the front.

As he addresses us we all look up at Zion, Reese stood up there beside him. She looked happy and just as beautiful as I remembered her.

"I am glad to be home" Zion announced "I know that you all have questions and your questions will be answered in time. There are a couple of announcements before we get into that. First the bad news..."  

I see as Reese turns from us all, it must be really bad news. He turns to her and we don't hear what is said. But then Zion grabs her hand. Then turning back to us he told of how they had lost one of their little girls. I could hear the pain in his voice and it saddens me. Poor Reese, she must be devastated. People start to talk around us, then a woman's voice cuts through the crowd. She asked about the burial. Because it is there custom to bring the dead back to their homeland. Zion tells of how devastating it was. Then he stops looking away like he can't go on.

I watch as Reese pulls him down toward her and then both of them taking a couple of steps back together. Kissing her he turns back to the crowd. He went on about how it hurt them so bad that they had to bury her as soon as they could then he told us that they will be bringing her body back over here in time. Then he moves on to the good news, then he introduces Reese as his wife. Oh lord the commotion we grate.

"He probably forced her to marry him" I hear Caleb say

 Reese just smiles as he turns her toward us. Then I see as she takes a step behind Zion more than likely to get away from the eyes of the crowd.

"Reese is the girl's stepmother," some women asked in the front roll

"No she is the girls birth mother" he admits

Shit, he has more balls then I thought, I think to myself.

"This is why he is our Alpha" Jace whispers to me

I look up at him and smiled shyly realizing that he heard my thought, he gives me a small smile back before returning his attention to Zion.

I could hear the mumbling of the others asking questions that were really none of their concern.