Nine Boys...- Chapter 29

Start from the beginning

    That was when we knew exactly what the damage to Nina was. Four broken ribs. Her wrists and ankles had deep rope burns. One of her wrists was dislocated. Her hip bone has fractures. Fractures all along one cheekbone and one femur. Not to mention all the cuts and bruises all over her body that go bone deep.

    That was why Daemon was so pissed at the sight of the rogue brothers. I had wanted those two to see who would be able to kill them when the time comes. The damage they had done. The younger brother paled while the older one had a face of stone.

    I can never forget the look on their faces when they woke. They were shocked beyond anything to be forced awake by us throwing them down on the ground. Both being chained and the same drug used on them that they used on Nina and Claw to keep their wolves away.

    We had searched the whole bunker and found my second and his daughter. They were dead in one room. We had thought that Mason had been killed being found freeing his daughter, but we got the truth when we came back with their bodies.

    Claw had watched us come in. His eyes had flamed as he saw Mason and Clare’s bodies. He asked why they were brought. We had looked at him strangely at first. I took him to my office and he told me everything that happened to him. Everything Clare had gloated about. All the painful details. I thought I was going to be sick knowing my second had been the master mind of it all.

    Still I don’t know what to do with them yet. We have different ways to treat the dead. Those of honor got a funeral fire with the whole pack around it that could make the fire. But those who went against pack and those who have harmed pack get a terrible fate.

    For Clare, it was clear what was to become of her body. She was to have the highest dishonor. Her body will be laid to rest out in the forest upon a patch of pure dirty. We’ll leave her body there for the creatures of the forest to do with as they wished.

    As for Mason, we have to conduct our own consensus as to his remains’ fate. Though he had done wrong, he showed loyalty in the end. But does that one moment redeem him? Only time will tell what fate the whole pack ordains. Before they could decide, I must conduct a thorough investigation and present to all all his accomplishments and misconducts. Both must be weighted to find his true fate.

    At the moment, neither body has been moved from the deep freezer room in my basement. Their bodies wrapped tightly into old blankets and twine. We had to preserved their bodies till everything was settled.

    “How is everyone taking it?” I was snapped out of my thoughts at Ian’s question.

    I cleared my throat. “Daemon is holding fast hearing all that the rogues had done to others. We all are thinking the same things. What that evil rogue had done to Nina.” I knelt next to her bed and stroked her hair. “What brutal things he did to her.” My voice cracked as I too feared the brutal acts he did to her knowing the damage that had been done to her body and hearing from the first few families.

    Ian was silent as I saw him take her hand. “She’s not going to be the same, is she?”

    “We just have to pray for her.” I bent down and kissed Nina’s forehead. Her temperature hadn’t broken yet. It was going down, but still not normal. The pack doctor has been doing everything he could to help her. We’ve even sent for a rare herb to help strengthen a wolf’s abilities for a time in hopes it’d help her.

~~Shane’s Point Of View~~

    My hands were so tightly clenched that they were white. They were all I could look at right now. The images in my head were too graphic hearing these recounts from other families. The bottom of my sight blurred as my tears threaten to overflow.