Nine Boys...- Chapter 5

Chapter Five

    "Guys! If you don't get down these stairs in the next minute, we're leaving without you. Even Nina is ready and next to me." Uncle Derek yelled up the stairs. He was leaning against the banister with his hands around the railing.

    He huffed as he turned around to lean his back against the railing. "They're worst than girls with how long they take to get ready." He said shaking his head.

    I giggled sitting on the bench next to the door with my purse in my lap. "Maybe their wanting to impress girls at the mall. We could have to leave without them."

    Nick and Nat were the first ones to thud down the stairs. Their hair was very styled but not overly so. They were definitely trying to impress someone that they might bump into.

    This was so different than the bike park. There the guys impressed with skill. They hadn't worried about looks because they were just going to get messed up anyways. Now they were impressing with looks.

    Following the older twins were Franklin and Taylor. Franklin wasn't so primed and stylish. His hair was just loose and you could tell he just ran a hairbrush through it was still crinkly as if he just rolled out of bed. Taylor styled his hair with spikes in the front and flowed into a slick back look for the rest of his dyed black hair. It must have taken him the longest amount of time to get his hair like that.

    "Finally." Derek exclaimed as Daemon came down the stairs. "Let's go out to the car. And before any of you call it, Nina has shotgun as she was the first down and have been waiting on all you to get all pretty." I giggled as I got up and Uncle Derek put a hand on my back as we lean all the guys out to Uncle Derek's military Hummer.

    Derek even opened the front passenger door for me. I smiled getting in and buckled up. The guys whining a little about how it wasn't fair that I got front, but Derek just shook his head and told them to deal with it. That it was their fault for taking forever on styling.

    It took us about forty-five minutes to get to the closest town with a mall. Uncle Derek was even driving a bit faster than I would ever drive. Nick and Nat were talking about where they wanted to drag me after the salon. They were even talking about taking me to a few stores and making me try outfits on. Derek frowned and said he was going to go with us so the guys to make me try on something I didn't want to try on. Nothing to skimpy.

    The second Derek parked his Hummer, the doors flew open and most of the guys were gone in a flash. Nick and Nat rushed over to my door and opened it pulling me out. Derek yelled after them to slow down so they weren't dragging me the whole way to the salon. They did slow down just enough so I wasn't having a hard time keeping up with them. They were just so excited to get me to the salon.

    In the salon, the guys were bummed when the lady said it will be a little before they could see me. Instead they sat on either side of me and talked to me about what I was going to have done. They suggested that it'd be the perfect opportunity to change my loom if I wanted to. Nick was suggesting layers while Nat was suggesting my hair go shorter than it was.

    "Alright you two, enough. Let Nina decide for herself what she'll have done." Derek said as he was flipping through a magazine in a seat across from us. His leg crossed over his knee looking very comfortable in the hard plastic seat.

    Nick and Nat pouted as they each held one of my hands. They had scooted close to me so our sides touched when we got here. I felt actually comforted that they are sticking by me. That they weren't leaving my side.

    Twenty minutes later, a lady with blonde hair and a bright red streak down the left side of her face called my name. Derek told the twins to stay put for a moment while he went with me. The woman's eyes were wide as a smiled lit her face when she saw Derek.