I think SeungJo likes her

*unedited* This chapter might have some mistakes. Haven't edited it.
_______________________

Mari's POV
After the eventful evening, I came home with SeungJo's mother. She invited me over for dinner at HaNi's father's restaurant for celebration, of HaNi getting good marks. She also said it will a welcome dinner for me. I thanked her for inviting me and was about to go inside my house, when she dragged me inside hers.

'You can go upstairs and meet SeungJo and HaNi.' She told me and I did as was told, but stopped in the middle of the staircase listening to their conversation. SeungJo was mocking her at her defeat and her costume. Typical SeungJo, I thought but I could feel that SeungJo was surprised by how happy HaNi was. It seemed as if, he had started liking her or something about her, seemed interesting to him because that's how he usually seemed when, he would be interested in something.

He asked her why she was happy? she replied it's because his mother bought pizza. That's when SeungJo's mom came up but I told her to stay quiet and listen. 'Yeah' SeungJo sighed she is always causing trouble.' He said. 'I really like her, her presence brought me happiness today' she said and I could see that SeungJo seemed shocked and interested and I think there is a tiny bit liking they have towards each other.

Mother stood there gratified by what HaNi was saying. 'I never really had my mother pick me up from school, today I felt that my mother picked me up from school.' She said and I could see mother feeling happy listening to HaNi. I then pointed at HaNi and showed a thumps up to mother. Saying she is perfect.

Mother went back down. 'Ehm ehm' I said getting upstairs and they both turned around. 'Hey!' I said to SeungJo and then to HaNi. 'I haven't really introduced myself to you right HaNi? I am MaRi. Seungjo's neighbour and best friend.' I said rather enthusiastically.

She smiled at me. 'Nice meeting you.' She said. I looked at SeungJo then at HaNi then at SeungJo again pointing at them. 'Are you both dating!?' I asked loudly. 'Shut up MaRi.' SeungJo said. 'You have gotten annoying.' He said.

I gasped. 'Annoying?' I said fake crying. 'That's what you call your best friend when she comes back after so many years?' I said rubbing off my fake tears. 'I am not talking to you.' I told him and grabbed HaNi's arm. 'She is my new best friend from now.' I told him sticking out my tongue. 'Yeah, I pity your choice in making friends then.' He said and left to his room.

I was in HaNi's room now. 'Say, HaNi do you by any chance like, SeungJo?' I asked her. 'Yes I did.' She said. 'Really!?' I said excitedly but then 'why .. Did?' I said. 'He rejected me.' She said. 'Typical SeungJo' I said. Then she told me everything that had happened and everything caught my interest. If SeungJo starts liking HaNi he would get over the feelings, he has for me.

'HaNi, I think you shouldn't give up on him.' I said. 'But he doesn't like me.' She said. 'I don't quite agree' I told her, 'I think he does.' She was shocked. 'You really think so?' She asked. 'Positive' I replied. 'I'll help you out.' I told her and she hugged me.

We were now sitting HaNi's father's restaurant i was sitting right next to SeungJo. Everything seemed so delicious then I looked at SeungJo and noticed how much he had changed. His hairstyle, everything. 'Staring is rude.' He said and my eyes widened. 'I wasn't.. Staring' I said in a not gonna happen way.

SeungJo sat there with his earphones, plugged in showing least of his interest. I looked at him shuffling his iPod and smiled. That's his old trick, this way he could stay interested but act as if he doesn't care at the same time.

I took one of the ear plug and could hear nothing. I looked at him. 'Nice music taste.' I told him and he rolled his eyes taking back the ear plug.

For some reason, SeungJo acted differently, rudely I might say towards me. He felt so distant. I partially knew why it's maybe because, I left without any feelings to return. I didn't like it, he had changed a lot.

No one's POV
'Hm once he starts liking HaNi he will get over the feelings and be back to normal again.' MaRi thought without realizing how that is not how things would go.

HaNi's Dad thanked SeungJo for helping her in studies and MaRi's eyes widened. 'SeungJo tutored HaNi!?' She asked taken aback. SeungJo took pride in it but his mother came in saying it was more surprising how HaNi taught SeungJo to study. She was more surprised than before. 'You studied!?' She said moving a little back pointing towards him.

She poked him. 'Are you SeungJo? I am having doubts.' She said and SeungJo gave a thug look, rolling his eyes. She managed to whisper something to SeungJo. 'Is it me or HaNi is the reason you are doing things, so out of character.' She said and he playfully pushed her away.

Everyone has a glass of makgulli to toast HaNi's accomplishment and MaRi's welcome... and HaNi got drunk followed by MaRi. With HaNi's tongue loosened, she reveals that SeungJo's a big fat meanie who treats her like she's nothing and called her a public menace who mooches off his family. The guilty look that flashes across his face is pretty gratifying; put that way, he comes off as quite the bad guy.

HaNi slurs, "Even if you're so great, can you just look down on people like that?" This declaration disappoints Seungjo's mom and Mari, who had thought they both were well-matched and hadn't realized that HaNi hates Seung-jo so much. Mari listening to their quarrel kept drinking.

SeungJo retaliates by reciting HaNi's confession letter, which swiftly turns the tables. She reluctantly admits that it's true she wrote it, but vows that she's just wiped out every last bit of lingering affection for him.

MaRi knew how to handle being drunk she didn't loose her control but eventually after listening to their conversation and three glasses she did. 'SeungJo apologize to HaNi!' She said and caught on to his collar 'Say sorry say sorry' she whined like a kid.

HaNi falls unable to walk, due to her drunken state and somehow MaRi's drunk brain still manages to work. 'SeungJo will pick her up!' She said. Seungjo's mother siding with the idea saying how HaNi's father was old.

Somehow ironically SeungJo has to give her a piggy back ride. MaRi on the other hand, walks beside them, drunk herself bumping into them after every few minutes barely able to walk. 'Yah! You need someone to help too!' SeungJo said rather angry maybe with care or maybe he was just annoyed by her bumping him. 'I am perfectly fine.' She said hiccuping. 'You both look so cute!' She said managing not to fall. 'Cute? Do you know how much weight I am carrying?' He said annoyed. 'SeungJo don't be rude!' She said walking ahead still swirling around.

HaNi moves a little behind seungjo's back, who taunts her how she had got what she wanted. After realizing she was getting a piggyback ride she tells him, that she wants to get off. But SeungJo replies that it will be no problem after all she had gotten over her feelings, for him.

No matter what HaNi's heartbeat rises and SeungJo not losing any chance comments on that and HaNi consciously gets back. He also teases her about her 'severe condition' and whether she'll be able to nurse when she has babies basically, pointing out how she has a flat chest.

When they reach their house SeungJo, sees MaRi going towards her but she falls pretty badly. SeungJo without thinking for a moment, that he had HaNi on his back runs towards the direction, with HaNi falling behind on her butt. 'Are you okay! I told you you need help!' He half screams at the injured girl. 'SeungJo ... Say sorry to HaNi ...' She says in her drunken state with her eyes half opened. SeungJo quickly lifts her up bridal style and takes her to her house with the help of her mother.

He places her on her bed, while her mother brings the first aid kit to aid her wound. 'HaNi ...SeungJo... soo cute.' She mumbles in her sleep. 'Don't you know I only find you cute?' SeungJo says looking at the peaceful looking girl. 'Will you start caring for yourself before?' He says as if she was listening. His mother enters followed by SeungJo leaving without a word.