six

Lauren woke up with her head buried in Camila's chest and Camila's arm draped around her. It would have been so serene, were it not for the fact she was about to throw up.
She barely made it to the bathroom in time to empty the contents of her stomach. She whimpered at the burning sensation in her throat, and the icky feeling in her gut.
"Ugh." She groaned and slumped down against the cold tiles. She hated being sick.
"Aw, my poor baby..." Camila sat down next to Lauren, who crawled into her lap. Camila brushed the sweaty hair out of Lauren's face, and Lauren looked up at her gratefully.
"At least this will teach you to not go out by yourself anymore." Camila smirked. "Who knows, maybe you might get a bit 'carried away' and get caught in a massive thunderstorm."
"Shut up." Lauren sassed back playfully. "We both know there was a fat chance of that happening."
"I know, Laur. Regardless of yesterday, I trust you completely."
Lauren smiled and tried to sit up, but was hit by another bout of sickness. She launched herself over the toilet and vomited up what was left inside of her, tears falling from her eyes at the pain in her throat and stomach.
"I know it hurts, I know." Camila rubbed soothing circles into Lauren's back with one hand, and held her hair with the other.
Lauren finished a few minutes later, and Camila half carried half dragged Lauren back to bed after cleaning her up. Lauren practically fell asleep the moment her head hit the pillows, her body exhausted from its internal struggle. Camila smiled and put a bottle of Gatorade and some medicine on the bedside table.
"I wish I could stay and take care of you, but I have to go to work now." Camila whispered. "I love you."
Camila was about to walk out but felt a hand grab hers and tug her back. She turned around, and was met with Lauren's vivid green eyes.
"I love you too."

Soon enough, Lauren had made a full recovery, and was back to her adorable puppy self. Not that she wasn't an adorable puppy when she was sick. Camila just missed watching Lauren work out.
Now that the pair had confessed their love for one another, they no longer hid the longing stares they shot at one another. It was no surprise they both found the other extremely attractive, in looks and personality.
But they weren't official. Not yet.
Camila had a day off work that day, and Lauren was taking Camila out. Nowhere super fancy, just a cafe in the area where the police would still be in close proximity. Lauren didn't exactly want to have to drag Sinu with them on their first date.
Though Lauren had had a girlfriend previously, they never 'dated' as such. Lauren and Ashley's circumstances meant they couldn't go out whenever they pleased, whether it be to a cinema or a restaurant. They found their own entertainment in the little things, like Ashley's impromptu singing performances, and painting competitions using leftover soup from the kitchens.
So Lauren was nervous as hell.
When Camila emerged from the bathroom after getting ready, Lauren's jaw dropped.
She looked so fucking gorgeous, and she wasn't even trying. Her brown hair fell perfectly over her shoulders, and she was wearing a crop top that showed off her bronze, tanned stomach.
Lauren gulped. It was times like these when she felt self conscious, like she didn't deserve Camila. She was flawless, and Lauren was a scarred mess.
Camila took Lauren's hand, and noticed Lauren averting her eyes. "What's wrong, Laur?"
"I-it's just that y-you're so pretty."
"Are you implying you aren't? Because you're more than pretty. You're the most beautiful specimen I've ever laid my eyes upon. Even more so than Zayn Malik. And that's saying something."
Lauren blushed. Her upbringing meant she didn't know much about celebrities and the newest trends, but you really must be living under a literal rock if you didn't know who Zayn Malik was.
"Now move it, Jauregui. There's a date you need to take me on."

"That was amazing. Who knew death staring the waiter could get you discounts?" Camila joked.
"Camz, we both know he messed up the cost calculations because the cashier was broken. And it's not my fault my eyes give off an intimidating aura."
"Your eyes are beautiful. I could stare into them all day."
"Um, you kind of already do."
This time it was Camila who was flustered. Lauren grinned and took her by the hand. "I'm not done yet. All the exploring I've done around here has led me to find some pretty cool places. Some good did come from that little excursion, you know."
"Lauren, that 'little excursion' was the reason you spent three days heaving into the toilet."
"You're really stubborn sometimes, you know that?"
"Not as stubborn as you."
Lauren shook her head in mock frustration, and dragged Camila to the place that she had found. "Laur, you know there's nothing behind there, let go of me-oh my God."
Before them stood a massive meadow, full of flowers and long flowing grass. A bit too utopian for most tastes, but idyllic nonetheless.
"W-what? I've lived in this area nearly my whole life and I've never found this place...you must have done some serious adventuring, Laur."
"Sometimes the beauty is right there in front of you, you just have to look a little harder to find it."
"It's so fucking beautiful." Camila breathed out in awe. "Wait. I have an idea."
She pulled out her phone and turned on her Spotify radio, electronic beats filling the open space.
"Dance with me, Laur."
Lauren's face lit up and she took Camila's hands, swaying with her in time to the music. "This is great and all Camz, but the song you're playing is pretty horrible."
"Of course you'd say that, being the hipster you are. Mainstream radio isn't that bad."
"The songs on the radio are okay." She paused. "But my taste in music is your face."
"That may have been the strangest, but best compliment I have ever received."
"What can I say? I aim to please."
The two danced to the music without speaking, enjoying the calm and serenity of the atmosphere, until Lauren broke the silence.
"Can I ask you something, Camz?"
"Go for it."
"Why do you love me?"
Camila stopped moving right there and gave Lauren a look that said 'why wouldn't I love you, you ignorant twat?'
"No, seriously Camz...you're an angel and I'm a devil...you're what's pure and good and I'm just...a worthless piece of..." Her voice cracked.
"No, Lauren." Camila grabbed Lauren's head and turned it so their eyes were directly parallel. "Don't ever say anything like that again. You have been through so much shit that no one ever deserves to go through, and you don't let it stop you. You're here right now, living in the moment. You're so generous and gentle and kind and beautiful inside and out. I am so blessed to have you in my life.
The world needs more people like you, Lauren. Who see the value and importance in the little things. Who love like its the last thing they'll ever do. Who don't let their past determine their future.
That's why I love you, Lauren. I could write a million books, and it wouldn't be enough to hold all the reasons I love you. I am so in love with you, Lauren Michelle Jauregui. And you better learn to love yourself or I...or I'll stop making you pancakes every morning."
Tears were streaming down Lauren's face, but she managed to smile through them. "No way in hell am I risking those pancakes."
"You d-dork."
Camila flung herself into Lauren's arms, who hugged her tightly. "Thank you, Camz. You always know exactly what to say." She gently stroked Camila's hair. "I'm in love with you too, Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao. So," she flashed Camila her award-winning grin, "will you be my girlfriend?"
"Yes, Lauren. A hundred times yes. I'll be your girlfriend. For as long as you'll have me."
"You'll be stuck with me for the better part of forever, then."
"That's what I was hoping for."

After dancing a bit more in the meadow, and laughing their arses off when they attempted the choreography to Worth It by Fifth Harmony, the two girls headed back home.
Lauren felt invincible. Like she was flying through the streets with the world watching her underneath. She felt like a young god. With an amazing girlfriend.
She had done it. She had finally asked Camila to be hers. Ever since their heated love confession, it had only been a matter of time.
It was getting dark by the time they arrived back in the driveway of the Cabello residence, Lauren's hand fitting comfortably in Camila's. It was like their hands were meant to fit together perfectly.
"I don't want to go back inside." Lauren spoke up. "No offence to Sinu, but she kinda kills the vibe."
"It's going to get cold soon, and I don't want you to get sick again." Camila replied. "If that makes me a vibe killer too, so be it."
Lauren admired her girlfriends face in the gentle light. Her lips looked plumper and pinker than usual, and Lauren licked her own lips subconsciously. Why not kill two birds with one stone?
She had kissed Ashley when they were together. Quite passionately too, and it had almost led to other things. But nothing could have prepared Lauren for what happened next.
Camila pulled Lauren's chin down to hers, and at the very last minute, she crashed their lips together.
Lauren's whole body felt like it was on fire. Her brain went into overdrive as she lost control of her inhibitions. Camila's lips moved hungrily against hers, and Lauren reciprocated eagerly.
If she felt like a young god before, she felt omnipotent now.
"You're such a fucking good kisser, Laur." Camila whispered when they separated.
"So I've been told. But not many people can make you feel like you're burning. In the best way possible," she added when she saw Camila's worried expression.
"We should probably go inside." Camila moved to open the door. "We can continue this...in my room. With the door locked."
Lauren looked to the darkening sky, and smiled. She hadn't been this happy in a long time, and she wasn't letting the reason for it go anytime soon.