(8) Living like lyrics [Trying not to fall for a guy in 10 days]

Chapter 8

...Did you cry after you left my house?

Do you feel as shitty as I do now?

It's hard to think that you're not a part of my life

Can my mind stop thinking?...

*Fourth Day*

Jake's P.O.V

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I wasn't even able to face Ami today at school, not that she was eager to talk anyways. What's the next step? We both broke the rules? How can we decide this now? I can't stop thinking about it anyways; her rough breathing close to my ear, her big brown doe eyes piercing mine fiercely. Her soft delicious lips. Damn! This is ridiculous. I came home from school and I was not home alone. Paula would not come back until 5 because of piano and ballet lessons. It was Damien, again making himself at home. He was playing video games on the x-box like the guys always do.

"So I take Justin didn't really like you looking out for Ami" I broke the silence just so he knew I was here.

"Hey there beast, nah you're right. Justin doesn't trust anyone with that girl. He's got Carlos taking care of her, which I am not sure that is the brightest idea" he goes off into a trance. "Anyways, how was school big boy?"

"Don't want to talk about it. I'm exhausted, couldn't sleep very well last night" I jumped on the sectional next to the chair Damien was sitting on.

"Because of Ami" he stated, my heart sank. I couldn't tell anyone about what happened, especially the guys. I turned around and ignored his comment pretending I was asleep. "So I'm right" I kept pretending I was asleep trying to keep his and my mouth shut, especially mine. "You kissed her" Yes, yes I did. "You made out with her" Yeah, I kind of did that too. "Oh my god, you had sex with her!"

"No! Of course I wouldn't do that to Ami!" I couldn't help it but it came out. Oops.

"Good, but you did the other two" he was smirking. Why was Damien so interested in this whole thing? "You said you wouldn't do that to Ami, when two days ago you said you would never do that with Ami. Change of heart?" My cheeks were red. I was caught, caught in the realization of my feelings, caught in the realization that I might be interested in this girl.

"What do I do?" I thought out loud.

"Hey, I'm rooting for you two. I've been waiting for this moment for five years. Other people on the other hand, might not be very happy with you"

"Why with me? She's also responsible for this. Just let me take a nap. Wake me up when Paula gets here"

Ami's P.O.V

"So I'm guessing Justin sent you to babysit me?" I raised an eyebrow looking at yet another hot guy in Justin's apartment. This one I remember perfectly, it was the Latino guy from Jake's house, Carlos. He was in the kitchen looking for food in the fridge.

"More of a get to know each other better. Maybe I'll help you finish the song you needed to write in such short notice"

"It's already written" I look inside my backpack for a yellow manila folder. "Want to read it?" I hand it to him as he sits down on the couch in the living room. He reads over it three times, "you never seem to disappoint me, Ami" he smiled. "Have you ever thought of making your own music? If I remember correctly you were a pretty good singer" he goes grabs his guitar.

"How do you know that?" I was very confused. Not only Damien knows about my past but now Carlos too.

"Oh, you don't remember? We used to hang out all the time when we were younger. You know, before everything happened. We were all really good friends." He explained as he tuned his guitar. "You know what my favorite song you've written so far is?" I shake my head, still trying to put my mind to what he meant with what he said before. Why can't I remember anything? He was just too quick at changing topics" He started to play one of my songs:

//I want you to be with me

And I want you to stay//

Oh please...love stay

Oh please....love don't fade

//I'm scared of when you'll leave me

Oh, I am scared of when I have to go//

Oh please....love stay

Oh please...love don't fade

I am walking walking walking a fine line between reality

And my dreams fantasies about you and me

That maybe maybe are not real at all

But then again what's real or not

It doesn't bother me bother

//I want you to stay with me

Oh I want you to be mine...forever//

Oh please....love stay

Oh please...love don't fade

"You know what ROMA means?" he asked me once he finished the song, and again I shook my head. "It means love backwards. Amor, love" He keeps playing the tune but this time he picks the strings making a beautiful melody out of it. Carlos is very in love with his music. So in love that looking at him in this very moment gives you butterflies and warmth. The same butterflies and warmth I felt yesterday with Jake. I lost this bet completely.

"Did you write this song while thinking of Jake?" I snap out of my day dreaming and looked at Carlos. He was looking at the new song again. I couldn't help but feel my cheeks burning up. I felt just like a middle schooler when she hears the name of her crush being called. There was no way I could hide it in this situation. I nodded without looking him in the eye. It seemed that Carlos was just too upfront and honest about stuff that it was a bit intimidating. "Good, it's about time. Justin should just stop meddling and let things flow the way they are supposed to" I was even more confused now. What does he mean? First, we were all friends before Justin moved away, then it's about time Jake and I got together, not to mention we are not together, but what is all the secrecy about.

"Carlos, you've been saying a lot of stuff that's not making sense to me. It seems that I'm missing information that you and Damien and obviously Justin know and aren't fully sharing with me. Can you explain?"

"Hell, I don't like keeping secrets from anyone I always tell it how it is. You and Damien were really close, I can't believe he, out of all people, still hasn't told you the truth yet." Right at that moment, Justin opened the door and Carlos shut up and kept playing guitar. What the hell is going on with this band?