Chapter 4: A Thief Stole His Kiss

Start from the beginning

**

Noble was excited.

Noble was excited . . . for reasons he could not explain. He had slept peacefully last night, more so than he had ever had. Maybe, it was the warmth of the white, fur jacket he held to him that made his weird dreams go to rest for once. Maybe, he was excited it was soon time that he would meet his spirit for the very first time.

Noble wasn't a beast dud after all.

As soon as his moon-lit grey eyes opened and fluttered, he couldn't wait to start the day. He was more hyper than usual. He felt like his body was finally getting rid of the sickness he has been infested to be annoyed at from life itself. Today was a new day for Noble. He sat up from his wooden bed, stretching his lean muscles that screamed in thank you. As soon as he swings his legs over the bed and onto the floor, he grabbed his savior's white coat and held it close to him. He wrapped himself in its essence while he followed his brain's mindless order to get ready for the day.

Once he arrived, he sat the coat on the country next to him while he took a good look at himself in the mirror. His complexion just glowed. How could one act of rebellion cause his mood to soar above the clouds? Why hadn't he done this sooner? He grabbed the brush next to the sink to brush out his light brown curls from their crazy state. His grey eyes were brighter than normal and he looked happy. He hadn't been this bright in months - years maybe.

Sam, being the little devil she was, sneaked into the bathroom and grabbed Noble's hand. Noble, in hand, almost screeched since he was so suddenly pulled away from his deep thoughts. Plus, Sam's hand was cold, so freaking cold.

"Hey Noble." Sam smiled innocently before grabbing her toothbrush. She dipped into the water bucket that held out clean water and began brushing. I followed her moves exactly, and we both spit into the corner where a little hole was.

"Hello, Sammy. Have a good night sleep?" Noble asked, wiping his mouth.

"I did, and it looks like you did too." Sam giggled before signaling that I should pick her up. With much internal protest, Noble decided to pick her which she was warmer than he thought. She snuggled to her shirtless brother's thin frame with a loving giggle added to it. Noble struggled with retrieving his coat, but with the help of his little sister, it all worked out.

"I guess you can say that." Noble chuckled before exiting the bathroom with his sister in tow. Once he entered the living room, his sights landed on his mother under a wool blanket with her eyes closed. Noble guessed that she was still somewhat still asleep. Noble sat his sister down next to the wooden dining table they used for everything, but before he could say anything to his little sister, she spoke up.

"Who is it?" Sam asked boldly with a tiny smirk.

"Who is who?"

"Who is the one that's making you light up like a flame, huh?" Sometimes, Noble questions if she really is six or not.

"I don't know who you're talking about," Noble smirked back.

"Well, it's obviously someone since you moan his name in your sleep," Sam giggled, slapping her mouth like she ha leaked a little too much information for her own good.

"I do?" He arched his eyebrow. Thinking, he didn't really remember any name. All he could remember was blue. The color was imprinted into his brain like a brand burning onto the back of his skull. It was obvious, and Noble knew that it would never go away for the rest of his life, "What's his name?"

"You already know since you do sleep talk his name?" Sam's eyes widened but widened even more to the size of snowballs once she realized that Noble didn't know what the heck she was talking about. She tapped her finger to her pale chin before giving him a sweet smile.