The Tattooed Prince(7)

Start from the beginning

Madison nodded. “I can’t watch get married today…I’ll die if I do.” 

Sebastian locked eyes with her and that sparkling gaze appeared again. “You know Adalyn, that poor girl, she kept insisting me to go look for you and marry you instead. But I didn’t, how could I kick her out, when not even her mom wanted her.”

I felt a slight sab in the center of my chest. How did he know about my mother and me? I gulped, keeping myself from crying.

“She isn’t your responsibility,” Madison spoke out. “You know your mom would keep her wealthy if you were to marry me.”

Sebastian nodded. “But then I thought why should she pay for your mistake?”

Madison eyes widen as he said that to her. Where was he going with this? Did he suddenly care about me or was this just s stunt of his. Sebastian walked towards the mirror and looked out of it.

“It was you who denied me, and I think it’s fair it’s you who suffers,”

I didn’t have to be in love with Sebastian to feel that stab straight in my heart. He was just being cold-hearted because today he was getting married. He was pushing her away because he thought that was his only choice.

“You don’t love me do you?” Madison stepped towards him.

Sebastian glanced at her and smiled. “I love you more than anything I ever had.”

I watched as Madison grabbed onto him and slammed her lips onto his. That’s when I decided to stop watching. I took hold of my dress and ran down the hallway to my room. I couldn’t do this. I refused to break up a love as strong as theirs.

With tears streaming down my face I unzipped the dress and took it off. I rushed into the closet and grabbed a pair of skinny jeans. I threw on a black muscle shirt and my black converse on. Even if I were to live on the streets it was better than knowing you broke love between two people.

I stuffed some clothes in my backpack, and threw it over my shoulder. Before I left I fixed the wedding dress, the silver heels, and the shiny crown on the bed. Sophia was going to be disappointed in me, but I hoped she would understand my reason.

I opened the door and glanced both ways in the hallways. No one was at sight, I slipped out and made a run for it. The palace had only one exit and that was through the front of the gate. If I were to leave they would know it’s me.

Instead of going inside the main palace I ran across the field. Everyone would be too busy to notice someone running. At the end of the field was a fence I could easily climb and jump off.

My heart pounded against my chest and I threw my bag over the fence. I began to climb it, glancing over my shoulder every now and then. I prayed Sophia wouldn’t have notice I was missing.

I sat on top of the fence agreeing this was what was best for me. It was the best thing for them two. I jumped off landing on my hands and knees. I stood up and glanced around my surroundings. Cars were waiting by the entrance waiting to get in.