Chapter 1

Horny. That’s the only word I can use to describe the month of August. I had recently broken up with a boyfriend and realized I was interested in BDSM. I’d read tons of erotic literature, but never made the connection that I was interested. Heavily interested. I created a new email address with a fake name, put up a profile on a dating website, and began reading personal ads for fun. Occasionally, one would catch my eye and I’d respond from the fake email. All the while, I continued to be horny. So horny that I would have to fix it two to three times a day.

After reading several ads, I decided I should post my own. I had seen a guy at the store that I was interested in, so I went to “missed connections” and wrote a little blurb about him. I received several responses, none of them were the guy, but one day, a response caught my eye. He was witty and ridiculous – just like me. We started emailing regularly. I never realized how far it would go.

Will was a business man. We agreed to keep our personal lives a secret, so we never discussed where we worked. When we sent pictures, they were always from the neck down. He seemed to be a well built guy and a very interesting person. He made me laugh. We laughed about how he was stalking me, I joked that it would be cool to be kidnapped. As I said, I’d been reading a lot of erotic literature. The idea of an anonymous encounter that started as a kidnapping just tripped my trigger for some reason. I never really believed someone would accommodate my wish…

 *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

I was walking briskly in the fall air. Work had ended for the week, I was overjoyed. Added to the joy of the inevitable weekend, I was pleased that this was a rare freebie for me. My children were scheduled to be away from home for the next two nights. I smiled as my phone chimed with an email. As I said it had become a regular thing – him messaging me throughout the day, making me smile, discussing our deepest darkest thoughts. I opened the message and stopped dead in my tracks, heart in my throat.

From: Will 
To: Me
Subject: Re: Re: Hey

Message:

Turn around, pretty girl.

The joke about kidnapping popped into my mind. I tried to shake the instant panic that filled my stomach, but what if he really was behind me? He knew that my mother was keeping my children tonight and mother in law had them tomorrow. Maybe he decided to make fantasy a reality? Would that be so bad? I started walking quicker; head down, with my jacket tucked around my body. I heard the rev of an engine before my phone chimed again. I opened the message before reaching my car door.

From: Will
To: Me
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Hey

Message:

I said… turn around. If you won’t… I’ll just come to you.

As I read the last word, I heard the slamming of a car door. I glanced up to see a dark van parked behind my car – I wouldn’t be able to reverse out of my spot. A man stood off to the side of the van. He was about 6’3”; a dark knit cap was on his head, his leather jacket zipped to the chin, and his hands in his pockets. Aviator sunglasses covered his eyes and his mouth was set in a hard line. The panic I had been trying to breathe past was suffocating me now. My heart was pounding so hard I couldn’t hear anything but the blood rushing in my ears. I had worked late, so there was no one around. The man beside the van slowly walked toward my frozen frame. He smiled when he reached me, but it wasn’t a friendly smile. I tried to swallow, but it sounded more like a gulp.