Chapter 4

"You saw me drive here!?" I asked raising my voice. What a stalker!

"Yeah." He sat down on my couch and smirked."I see a lot of things."

I gulped. Maybe he was just joking around with me. Or trying to scare me. After all. It was the last week of September. And it was going to be October next week, which meant that Halloween was coming.

"So when are we going to start the project?" He asked.

"Oh, right.." I got my keys. "Let's go buy the poster board first." We walked outside. I closed the door to the house.

"We can go in my car if you'd like? He said pointing at an old black Mustang.

"Sure why not?" We got in his car. He started it and drove off.
He had one of those little tree fresheners hanging on the rear-mirror of the car.
He passed by the store where they sold the poster boards at.

"Hey, the store's there!" I said pointing at it.

"I know. Why don't we just do it at the last day? Its pretty easy.", he set his arm on my shoulder and let it rest on there. "What do you say Maddie?" The way he pronounced my name. It sent chills down my spine.

"Sure....." I said. We were at a restaurant. We sat down In a booth.

"So, tell me about yourself." Said Oscar.

"There's nothing really interesting about me...", I said awkwardly trying not to make eye contact with his beautiful hazel eyes.

"Don't be shy." , he said giving me a friendly smile. I looked into his eyes. His face expression turned to satisfaction as soon as we made eye contact.

"Uhm, how about you tell me more about yourself?",I asked. He grinned and leaned forward closer to my face.

"You really wanna know about me now?", he asked with a teasing look on his face.

"Uh yeah why not?", I asked smiling.

He looked out of the window sighing,"I move a lot. Before I came to this town, I lived in another state. I don't stay much long anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if I were to move again." My mind was filled with curiosity as those words were spoken out of his lips. I wanted to ask so much questions but where would i start? I didn't want to sound desperate to get to know him. He stared blankly at the cars driving back and forth through the window of the restaurant. Then he looked at me.

"Your turn to tell me something about you.", he said giving me the look... i tried hard not to blush.

"Well.. I really like getting scared, as in I love feeling that thrill of excitement. Y'know, a scary movie, a rollercoaster ride or just being scared by my friends.", I laughed at memories of my friends playing scaring pranks on me.

"You have a cute laugh." He spoke, paying close attention to my face. I stopped smiling.

"Thanks..." , I said not knowing what else to say. I was about to tell him to tell me something about him when the waitress came over to our booth.

"What would you like to order for drinks?" Asked the waitress smiling.

"I'll have a coke. As well as her too.", answered Oscar, not making eye contact with the waitress, instead he was looking into my eyes. The waitress left to get our drinks.

"How'd you know I wanted coke?", i asked him with a sort of awkward smile.

"I see you and your friends eat here a lot. I see you get coke mostly." His deep voice felt so soothing to my ears. But what a creep. He's seen me come here???

The waitress came back with out drinks and we ordered our food. It was silent for a while.

"I heard about the party.", he broke the silence. I looked at him.

"Who told you?", I asked worried.

"Oh I heard from people. How come you aren't inviting me?", he asked smirking.