Dream Guy: Chapter 1

I wake up clinging onto my necklace. It was burning hot like in my dream. Surprisingly, I remember the dream so vividly.

"What the hell?" I say breathing heavily "Wait, was that just a dream?"

I just have to forget about it. But I can't get it out of my head. Who was that guy? I think his name was Jacob. Why was I trapped and being killed by fire? What was that armor I was wearing?

I sigh heavily. Why is my life full of mysteries?

I get up and I grab my clothes and I go to the restroom. It takes me a while to try and straighten out my usual curly brown hair, I put on my typical outfit consisting  of a black t-shirt, black jeans, red and black plaid shirt and combat boots. Looking into the mirror, I realize that my eyes are the same color as my highlights. There seems to be a flame or some sort of light detail in my eye. I grab my backpack as I walk out the door.

The dream, I can't stop thinking about it. Was that the dream I have had every night? I can't remember. Walking into school my friend, Bella walks quickly over to me right as she spots me.

"Hey!! There is a new guy at school"

Bella loves being in the latest gossip since she is the president of the school news. Despite this, she acts like a stereotypical popular girl, on the outside. She actually is quite shy despite the attitude she gives off.

"Did you meet him?"

Of course I don't care, being honest I don't give a crap about the new students. I'm somewhat of a loner, if you could even call me that.

"Why wouldn't I? His name is Jacob"

This takes me by surprise. Jacob was the name of the guy from my dream. But, I didn't think that I would actually meet him. I thought that he was just that, a dream.

"Oh....okay" I try not to sound a little surprised or nervous.

I quickly walk away from her. I was so focused on my thoughts that I didn't realize that I bumped into someone and soon enough we were both on the floor.

"I'm so sorry"

I study his looks. He has brown hair that is kinda long and blue eyes that look exactly like mine. He is wearing a grey t-shirt with a black jacket and black jeans. In a way, he seems like what some people might call a 'bad boy' but he doesn't act like it. Despite this, I try to connect his looks to my dream. Surprising enough, his looks match exactly, well except for the outfit.

"It's ok...It was my fault after all"

I didn't want him to blame himself. After all, it truly was my fault. He gets up and surprisingly, he holds his hand out for me. I reluctantly take his hand and he pulls me up.

"My name is Jacob by the way"

"Hailey" I slowly take my hand away, I try not to let him see the realization in my face. The way he looks at me, makes me believe that he knows who I am, and the dream.