Betray Me

Betray Me

Hindi ko parin alam hanggang ngayon kung anong mukha ang ihaharap ko. I patiently waited for him to arrive at Crescendo but it seems like he has been ditching work this past few weeks. I felt guilty of course; a part of me says that I'm the one responsible of him being like this. Half of it is true; I somehow stood him up in the most stupid way. I didn't mean to get his hopes up; I was also caught up by his company. Comparing him with Caleb was clearly what I did, lahat ng bagay na hindi ko makita kay Caleb two years ago ay pilit kong ipinagsisiksikan sa kaniya. I know it wasn't right, I know that I'm such a bitch for doing it but he was wrong as well. He knew it, he knew that for once I have never really forgot about my feelings for Caleb-that it all comes down to me being insane about his older brother. He knew it yet he didn't stop-proving me that he did really love me.

It sucks hurting your lover's brother unintentionally.

I decided to go straight to his unit since I know to myself that he will never step even a foot at Crescendo-not with that situation, he's ruined and miserable. Pilit kong binibigyang lakas ang loob ko at iniisip na hindi naman siya ganoong nasaktan, na tanggap niya na kami na ulit ni Caleb-that everything will be alright even if it's not. Who am I kidding? I slapped him with reality and worse, I slapped him hard. I made him realize that just once we could almost have it. I tried, I fucking tried but every time I try all I could imagine is me and Caleb-no one else. I couldn't picture Johannes with me, I am one lucky girl for having his heart but I don't deserve it. His love is too much for me and that 'too much' ruined him and I'm trying my best to do the most impossible thing I could do to help him out.

The elevator opened and I felt chills all around my body. Bawat hakbang ko sa hallway at papalapit sa unit niya ay parang paglalakad sa tubig, I baby-stepped all the way to his door and emitted a heavy sigh. Mabilis kong kinapa ang doorbell at tatlong beses itong pinindot. I was still for five minutes until it became ten, twenty and thirty minutes - looks like he doesn't want any visitors to come check him up.

Naalala kong may spare key nga pala siya palaging nilalagay sa door mat niya kaya't sinubukan kong tingnan iyon. I wasn't disappointed and I found myself unlocking Johan's abode. It was pitch black inside and freezing cold, nakatodo ang air conditioner niya at ingay lang na galing sa kitchen area ang naririnig ko. I went straight to the kitchen area and saw that the sink was filled with water because of the unclosed faucet. I hurriedly turned its knob to the other side to stop it from flooding the whole place up, inobserbahan ko ang kusina pero mukhang wala siya doon. I scanned his room and still he's nowhere to be found.

"Did you miss me?" I jumped when someone whispered into my ear. I searched for his voice and there lies in front of me a man with deep eyes due to lack of sleep wearing a wrinkled long-sleeved shirt with a bottle of wine in hand. He was drinking the last few shots of the bottle he's holding while making his way near me.

"Johan tama na yan, you're drunk." Pilit kong kinukuha ang bote na bubuksan niya ulit galing sa counter niya sa kwarto pero pilit niyang nilalayo ito sa akin. He placed it on top of his head while holding it and I have no other option than to jump to reach it since he's waaaaay taller than me.

Tumalon ako ulit para sa huling attempt ko pero itinapon niya sa kama ang bote saka ako hinawakan sa bewang. My body froze; he gripped on my dress signifying his anger as he looked at me in the eyes. There were many questions written in it and I don't know what to do. He let out an evil grin and loosens his grip. I tried to compose myself and telling my head not to panic but I am somewhat frightened by this whole scenario.

Umupo siya sa dulo ng kama at hinawakan niya ang kaniyang ulo. Umiling-iling siya at bahagyang tumawa ng mahina. I stared at him, I can't see him like this-messed up and hopeless. Sobra akong nagsisisi na bakit sa dinami-daming lalaking sasaktan ko ay si Johannes pa? The man who taught me how to take risks.