Warn Me

Warn Me

I don't want to ruin any remaining hours of my day so basically I just pretended that Caleb didn't say anything douchey and just made my way to the beach. After pissing me off, I left him there still proud and pleased and decided to stick to my original plan which is to go out and have fun.

It didn't take me a while until I reached the open bar at the right side of the beach. It was like a huge gazeebo but is made of wood and shells for the décor. I smiled at the bartender and ordered a coconut drink since it's too early for a hard beverage. Inobserbahan ko ang buong paligid and as expected, I was mesmerized by the view. The ambiance is really warm and welcoming. It's really a good place for tourists kaya naman malaking tulong na magpapa-hotel ang Crescendo dito.

I was back in reality when the bartender gave me my order. I almost spit my drink when the bartender in front of me wasn't the one whom I chatted a while ago. I grumbled and felt my eyes rolling to other side as I saw the grin displayed onto his face. How come I always get a daily dose of misfortunate events?

"Nandito ka rin pala beh! Di kita mareach kalurky, palarga-larga ka na lang everywhere!" Without a doubt, we both laughed at his statement. I can't imagine him being like that, he's playful that's for sure but he's to masculine to act like a girl. I frantically shake my head as I continue laughing my ass out, still amused by his sentence.

"For a playboy like you, you sure are suited to become a babe." I stated that made him chuckle and swipe his hair. Somehow, he did lighten up the mood and I'm thankful for it. Nawala ang pagkainis ko sa kapatid niya and anger was turned into plain delight.

"I'm Johannes Fuego. I can do anything." He smirked and took a sip into my drink. I just smiled at him thinking that he's still is Johan after all. Playful and captivating, I always compare him and Caleb with each other and most probably, he's the type of guy you really want to be with. Unlike Caleb, workaholic na nga wala pang funny bone.

"So what brings you here? Are you stalking me?" I kid and he tittered. He stared at me first and then at the sea. His eyes returned to mine as he wiggles his eyebrows.

"Kung ikaw lang rin naman ang susundan ko, bakit hindi?" It wasn't that cheesy and all but suddenly, a small thump in my heart occurred and my heartbeat went too fast. I try to wipe out the idea of getting hysterical just because of Johan's line however; my mind tells me not to do so. 

"C'mon I'd show you around. We own this place might as well be your tour guide." He said as he offered his hand to me. I gratefully accepted it and it wasn't that long until I realized we were holding each other's hand. Ewan ko but I know I'm too old for this pero hindi ko mapigilang-kiligin? God this man is a damn Casanova alright; he really knows how to make girls swoon over him.

As promised, Johan did well as a tour guide. He showed me the whole beach at mas na-entertain pa ako dahil maraming stores dito. I love travelling and so do Johan that's why we decided to have a little adventure. We went kayaking and good thing the sun's almost out kaya hindi namin pinoroblema ang tirik ng araw. It was fun being with him and it's been a while since we both hang out. We went to a cave not so far from the seashore and I was awed when we got a glimpse of it. Hindi mo aakaling kweba ito dahil sa sobrang ganda ng pagkakakurba ng bato nito. It looks like it's man-made pero si Johan na mismong nagsabing it's purely natural.

It was already six in the evening when we came back to the shore and call it a day. I was walking a little slow so Johan decided to pull me and intertwined his hand with mine. I felt a sudden bolt the moment he touched my hand and we both gazed at each other. Inirapan ko na lang siya to release the tension between us and he returned with a chuckle.

We went back to the open bar and turns out it was more like an open nightclub. I was impressed considering that the night life here in their resort is very much entertaining. It wasn't wild, just moderate which is a good thing since I really don't like loud noises lalo na sa gabi.

Johan invited me for a drink but I just had to reject it. It wasn't intentionally pero kailangan ko pang contact-in ang mga workers bukas dahil baka ako pa ang pag-initan ni Caleb. He agreed with me and according to him, his brother should really loosen up a little bit. Hinatid niya rin ako sa rest house dahil baka daw may manggalaw pa sakin. Fuegos has always been thoughtful, ewan ko lang kung anong nangyari kay Caleb.

"Good night, beki." I giggled as I noticed his forehead creased and started to lighten as he remembered what he did earlier. He gave me a genuine smile at ginulo na naman ang buhok ko. He always knows how to annoy me.

"Anything to make you laugh, Cil. Goodnight." He then uttered and pinched my cheeks. He placed his hand inside his pockets and left the balcony. I stared at his back making its way back to the open bar. I can't help but sigh just by thinking about all of the fun we've done in just a day. Hindi pa rin talaga nagbabago si Johan, always a good company.

"Looks like you had fun." A cold, deep voice surprised me that made me jump a little. Tumingin ako sa likod at nakita kong nakaupo si Caleb sa couch reading a novel that's halfway through the finish line. Mukhang kanina pa siyang nagbabasa.

"Yeah, don't worry I'll contact the workers for tomorrow." I stated to avoid being scolded. Knowing him, it's all about work. Work here, work there and nothing else. I sometimes wonder how he can be so handsome despite all of the hectic schedules he's having.

"What's your relationship with Johannes?" He asked directly, still reading his book. Tanging ang paglipat lang ng page ang nangingibabaw na ingay sa buong rest house. I suddenly got confused by his question, he thinks me and his brother has a relationship? Wait, what?

"You're kidding right?" I chuckled and just ignored his question and with one swift move he pinned me on the door. I gulped as he threw me daggers through his eyes. I admit, I may be a bitch but in some cases I don't like seeing Caleb like this. It was like I'm a food ready to be eaten by a predator.

"Caleb ano ba" I tried to escape from him but he's just too strong for me. His muscles flexed as he held me, jaws clenched at mukhang nagpipigil ng galit.  Konting galaw pa niya ay iiyak na ako sa takot, I rarely cry but now I'm frightened and Caleb's expressions are not helping at all.

"Kung lalandi ka na lang rin, wag na kapatid ko. Never hit the same flock twice." He said-cold, blunt and petrifying. He released me as a tear fell on my eye and massaged my arm na pulang-pula dahil sa pagkakahawak ni Caleb.

"I'm warning you, Obviar. Pumili ka na sa kahit sinong lalaki dyan, wag lang ang kapatid ko." He paused as I wiped my tears, telling them to stop even though they can't hear it.

"You already fucked my life once; I can't let you ruin my brother's life too." With his statement, I gathered all my strength and slapped him as hard that I could.

I wasn't able to hide my tears anymore kaya't hinayaan ko na itong bumuhos ng kaniya. I don't want him to see me like this, isa parin siyang tanga at kalahati na hindi makitang ginagawa ko 'to kasi mahal ko siya. How on earth can he not see it?! For damn sake, kelan ba niya ako seseryosohin?

"I may have fucked your life once, don't worry I won't ruin Johan's." I paused, rage filtered my whole system as I pulled his collar so that he can meet my height.

"I'm going to fuck your life twice." I said, still maddened. I smirked, well-played Caleb. Well-played.