Confuse Me

Confuse Me

"What you did was unacceptable, para kang bata." It's clearly one o'clock in the morning according to my phone but here I am still making myself comfy on Caleb's passenger seat. He ended up driving me instead since Johannes' was a little pissed with me. My plan turned out great anyway so who cares.

"Oo na po Daddy, hindi na po mauulit." I baby talked and let out a hiccup after. I'm still fucking drunk and I don't even know kung nasa katinuan pa ba ako. I don't even know if this is really happening, I don't know if the real Caleb's driving me back to my unit. All I know is that I really need some good sleep and wishing that I'd wake up tomorrow without such a bad headache.

"Cecily, listen to me. Mali yung ginawa mo." I was busy counting the raindrops dripping down Caleb's car window as he continues giving me his words of wisdom. Obviously, I wasn't paying any attention which tops Caleb Ignatius' most hateful things—not paying close attention to him. If he gives you his attention better give yours as well.

Moments later, speaking of him hating the fact that I'm not giving him any attention, he stopped his car in the middle of the rain over a few blocks away from my residence. He looked cold (as usual) and his gaze was only focused on his steering wheel. His grip on it was so tight he could almost break it; I gulped a few times upon seeing such a mighty creature. I know he gets mad easily pero hindi ko akalaing masyado siyang magagalit. Sometimes I think Caleb has anger issues or it's just because his Caleb Ignatius—you know, such a territorial handsome beast.

"Okay by the looks of it, I guess you're mad so I'll just go out of your car and head home since malapit na naman kaya ko ng takbuhin ang ulan. Thanks for the—" I was actually about to open the car door when he pressed a button on his side that made all of the car doors locked by itself. I was about to open it again when he slammed his palm on the steering wheel. Bigla akong kinilabutan sa ginawa ko, a part of me once to ran away as fast as I can and the other part froze the living shit out of me.

I looked at him and I regret doing it as he give daggers through his eyes. I can sense that if he's some kind of a wolf or a bear, I'd probably be dead by now—or worse ripped into pieces. But Caleb has a heart, he wouldn't do that to me. Wait he wouldn't do it right?

"Why were you at a club?" He started asking. His face now relaxed and back to his normal aura (the cold one of course). His eyes didn't leave mine so I didn't leave his as well. I was stammering all my way to the start of my statement until I found myself explaining my side.

"Saw something I wasn't supposed to see." I said ignoring his eyes. Ayokong tumingin sa kaniya kasi I don't feel like it. Unti-unti kong nararamdaman yung sari-saring emosyon—galit, lungkot at panghihinayang. Kung gaano ako kalasing kanina bigla na lang akong nagising dahil sa tanong niya. I also questioned myself what is exactly my reason of going to a club and drown myself with liquor.

And then it hit me.

I was there because of him.

I was there because I fucking saw him with a girl who happens to be his newly found love.

How sweet.

"What is it? You look—you look devastated." I once back to my sense when he broke the silence. Mas lalo pang lumakas ang buhos ng ulan sa labas and it felt really weird to stare at him. I was shaking my head and massaged my temples as I let him hanging. Hindi ko alam kung sasabihin ko ba sa kaniya na nakita ko sila ng babae niya nang hindi ako magmumukhang desperadang maging girlfriend niya ulit.