Talk To Me

Talk To Me

It was already one o'clock but still I was completely hooked up with all of these chips, sweets and romantic movies. I have been watching them for straight eight hours and I am proud of it. I can't even name all of it because I already lost count. I was so feeling the vibe within me at saktong rest day ko pa hanggang bukas so it was definitely the right time to pamper myself. This is how I picture heaven looks like.

My moment got interrupted when my phone started ringing. I didn't mind looking at the caller id because yolo I am so hyped up. Masyado akong masaya ngayong araw at gusto ko na lang talagang magpaka-careless and stress-free. I know it's so not me but hey everybody wants to be relaxed right?

"Why is my love still awake?" I almost choked upon hearing his voice. Hinagilap ko agad ang tubig sa table at saka ito masugid na ininom. I wasn't expecting him to call and check up on me dahil sobrang late na at alam ko namang marami pa siyang trabahong inaasikaso. He's finalizing the hotel in Cebu which is a few weeks away from its Grand Opening. I know for some instance I kind of want to join him in Cebu pero he made me changed my mind. Magpahinga naman daw ako kahit konti dahil masyado na daw akong stressed sa trabaho. How come he didn't notice it two years ago? Damn.

"Can't sleep, pinapanuod ko si Chris Evans wag kang magulo." I was literally eating my chips while my eyes glued onto my flat screen tv. I am almost near to the climax of the movie when suddenly a loud bang on the door ruined the freaking moment. I angrily hurried through my door dahil wala yatang balak tumigil kakakatok ng malakas yung taong nasa labas ng pintuan ko. I was about to give him the shittiest words I am willing to give but it backfired as a fine young man with a suit, holding his phone stood in front of me.

Bigla namang may nagsalita sa phone ko na hawak-hawak ko parin hanggang ngayon.

"Sino nga ulit yung pinapanuod mo? Hmm?" He grinned and slowly walked in my unit. He gently closed the door and saw that the movie was still going. Agad niya 'tong pinatay at tinapon sa couch ang remote, well so much for romantic movies and hot celebrities I guess. This young man doesn't want to get jealous, what a loser.

"It was the most important scene! Bakit mo pinatay? Ugh, Caleb!" Kukunin ko na sana ulit yung remote sa couch when he grabbed my arm and hugged me tight. I felt how warm his whole being is, how his embrace felt like it was and will always be my home. I sat on his lap still not breaking the hug as I caress his hair just like how moms do it to their little boys.

He released me but his hands remained at my back, supporting my position. I gently touched his cheeks and he carefully closed his eyes as if he was savoring the moment. I giggled when I noticed how his ears went from pale to red real quick. He opened his eyes and smiled at me; I could see his eyes carrying large bags and how deep it was due to lack of sleep but still-he never fails to amaze me of how well-created he is. From the jaw, the nose, the eyes, the lips and the ears it's like he was made to become a sculpture.

"I thought you'd be there for a week? Don't tell me, you'd be going back there tomorrow. Ginagawa mong magkapitbahay ang Cebu at Manila, Caleb. You're wasting money." I explicated as he buried his face on my neck. He's clinging on me like there's no tomorrow and I would be lying if I'd say that I don't like it. I love it actually; I can see how eager he is to see me even if he's miles away.

"If it's you, it's always worth it." He replied as he gave me his sweetest smile and hugged me tighter. God, how I miss this guy. After what happened two weeks ago-yes the day I found out I was jealous of his little sister and realized how dumb I am for jumping in conclusions-we finally agreed to stop hurting ourselves.

I mean come to think of it, haven't I suffered enough? Haven't we restrained ourselves long enough? That it was just an endless game of hide and seek even if we both know we're already tired of the game. I've never been this proud of myself, I have finally persuaded him. I've finally got what was mine in the first place and it was all worth it. I have never been this happy my whole life, that for once I honestly thought that I am more than just the Cecily Elena Obviar everyone's been gushing about. I have proved to myself that yes, I am capable of taking risks. Kudos to the Caleb on that part, he finally broke the wall I've built and maintained for so many years.

"I still can't believe it." He uttered and I beckoned him to go on. He stroked his thumb through my cheeks and placed a portion of my hair at the back of my ear. His grip tightened as he looked at me, memorizing my features as if he hasn't remembered it yet.

He let go of me and started messing up his hair. He groaned out of frustration and held me back to his arms. His eyes were full of expression and longing, it made him look so overwhelmed and I don't even know why. I can see how his eyes sparkle and I couldn't help but smile-damn, I've been so blessed. All my prayers have been heard and I couldn't be more thankful to God these past few weeks.

"Fuck. Mahal na mahal na mahal kita." He grumbled as if he was maddened. He's stressing himself thinking how much he loves me and it gave me chills. I couldn't ask for more, I was in awe thinking of all the love he has given me and I couldn't point out any single day that he hasn't made me smile. Everything he does is my definition of happiness, even if he breathes, he smells, he eats, he laughs-all of it is the reason of my happiness.

We were inches away from each other and yet I still long for him, we were just plainly spooning while watching a new movie when my phone rang and it bothered the hell out of him. I wasn't expecting any calls as well because it's already three in the morning and I know Portia wouldn't be awake at this time and she's the only one that I imagined calling me at 3 AM other than Caleb.

It was an unregistered number so Caleb decided to tone down the movie and paid attention as I answered the call. Nanigas ako ng marinig ang boses sa kabilang linya, we haven't talked for at least month and for some reasons, I think I may have owe him some explanations once we meet again but I wasn't informed that we would talk at a very awkward atmosphere.

I gulped as I saw Caleb's reaction-he's worried and anxious. I tried to compose myself but as I said-I tried.

"Cil, we need to talk." It was my first time hearing him this cold as if he was actually Caleb. Hindi na ako magtataka kung si Caleb ang mismong kausap ko but it's not him.

It's Johannes.