Forgive Me

Forgive Me

Senior College

"You and the older Fuego's still going out?" I nodded and giggled because of Portia's question. To finally date a Fuego is already an achievement in life. And yes, I'm still dating one- The Caleb Ignatius Fuego that everyone's been dreaming of. If it wasn't for Johan, his little brother we could have been just plain attractive people roaming around the university searching for bait.

"It's been seven months, Cil. Wow, pinakamatagal mo na yan. Sure ka bang laro-laro parin yan?" Portia asked while eating her snack. Nasa cafeteria kami ngayon dahil half-day lang kami and probably answering her question was the hardest.

I don't know. It was just a dare, a dare for the both of us. Date the person you find attractive and the rest was history. I know it so immature of us to create such a game pero masisisi niyo ba ako? I can't stand commitments and so does he. We are on the same level except that he's serious and I'm not. Ewan ko, magulo. Sobrang gulo nang pinasok ko and I can't get out.

"Do you love him?" I stared at my drink still not answering. No, I can't love him. He won't and can't love me back. He's too busy and too serious for me. I'm reckless, witty and wild. I can't just love him that would be against the rule. It would be a total disaster.

"No." I uttered decisively. I try not to have an eye contact with Portia dahil alam kong malalaman niyang nagsisinungaling ako. "Why would I love him? I mean did you see him? He's hot yes but he's too serious for me. He can't even party by himself. He's dull, boring." I explained and Portia just shrugged it away. Hindi ko alam kung anong pumasok sa isip ko para sabihin lahat ng mga 'yon.

Yes, he's serious. That made me even more in love with him, his love for novels and literature captivated me every time he tells me sonnets and poems of his own. He's my own brand of Shakespeare.

Yes, he's dull. His dullness made me want to bring color to his life. He's so innocent and dominant that you can't disagree with what he wants. What he wants is always what's good for me. He's a knight in shining armor, only hotter than the normal.

Yes, he's boring. All of his words filled with meanings and his eyes full with expressions-he might not be that talkative one but staring at him makes you want to look at it all day. Hindi na niya kailangang magsalita kasi sa mata niya palang marami ka ng maiintindihan.

Behind all those traits, I saw a gullible and loving Caleb. He was the guy I have actually wanting for so long that I try to deny it every single day. Behind his aura, I saw how entertaining he is and how friendly he was. He's thoughtful, patient, wise and gentle. He's the guy everyone's rooting for. Not until I get it all messed up.

The following days after our conversation, Caleb acted very strange. Hindi ko alam kung bakit pero he's acting all weird. He doesn't even talk to me anymore. I panicked and told him we need to talk and decided to invite him to my unit. I can't stand Caleb being like this. Too cold, too numb and too inexpressive.

"Caleb ano bang problema?" I cupped his cheeks but he shoved it away. I was puzzled by his gestures kaya't pinilit kong kuhanin ang atensyon niya.

"Will you quit it Cecily?!" At doon, lumabas na ang galit ni Caleb. I am totally unaware of why on earth is he acting like a brat kaya't nainis narin ako sa inaasal niya.

"Ano bang problema mo ha? Ikaw na nga 'tong sinusuyo, ikaw pa ang galit?" I heard him laugh bitterly, gritting his teeth and looked at me with disappointment.