53: 2/3 Days Remaining - Black Heart

Start from the beginning

His face was turning red as he coughed and his legs dangled. I heard Grigori stand up and head for me but I used my other hand to back hand him away.

"I could totally kill you right now." I said. I could hardly notice the red haze covering my vision. It felt normal to me. I ignited the small flame in my other hand and put it close to his faces.

 "You're so... defenceless it's almost too easy." I chuckled and he made a strangled noise. "Your worker is half unconscious and I'm free to take Jay and leave." I squeezed and his arms flailed about.

"But you know what...?" I loosened my hand, let the fire disappear from my other hand and watched him drop to the ground in a heap. "I'm not going to kill you."

"Alexis!!" Jay yelled. "What are you doing?! Kill him!"

I turned my head briefly and Jay gasped. "I don't want to kill him." I said with a smile.

I looked down at Eli and held my hand out to him. At first he stared at it. I knew exactly what he was thinking. "The word is trust. I'm not sure if you're there yet but... It's debatable."

Eli burst into a fit of laughter and grabbed my hand. I pulled him up and went to Grigori. He held up his hand but I scoffed and kicked his hand.

"Bitch," He muttered.

"Bite me." I turned back to Eli. "So all I need to do is hit you?"

He nodded.

"Okay." I smirked.

******

Elijah hit the ground with a thump and a chuckle. "Excellent."

I sighed and shut my eyes as the red haze disappeared. I ran my hands through my hair and groaned. Gosh, have I got a major headache.

"Well done. I'm very impressed. You may go back to the cave. It's weird how you almost trust me now... It won't be hard to get used to it."

I nodded my head once and started back to the cave without a second glance. But then I realized I'd left Jay. I turned around but it was in time to see him storming past me. I couldn't blame him... I knew what I did was... horrible. I let him go... I could have killed him but I let him go... I knew why as well which made it worse. I wanted to see what would happen during the other stages. That's why I didn't kill him. I was stupid. I should have worked something out so I could get Jay free and then come back. Why didn't I just do that!!

I watched him stumble away and sighed. I couldn't blame him if he wouldn't forgive me. I wouldn't forgive myself right now.

***

It was dark outside now. I never went back to the cave. Instead I went to the river and sat there with Bonnie. It's been dark for hours now and I hadn't moved from this spot. Bonnie whimpered at my side and sighed. It must be late now. It had stopped snowing almost hours ago now. I could feel them coming...

I looked up in time to see Grigori, Jay and Eli walking up to me. Jay's wide eyes were on the wolf by my side. Bonnie was staring at Jayden and I could see that she was tensing. Jayden looked worse. His face was completely pale. His body looked almost frail. I couldn't blame Bonnie for growling the hell out of her at Eli and Grigori.

I pushed her away and sent a stray thought toward her telling her to go. She faltered at first but ran into the forest. Jay's eyes followed her and I could see the shock and yet there was recognition there. Maybe he's seen her before. Maybe most humans have met their guardian angels before but just don't know it. It wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

"Step four shall begin now. Follow me."

I stood up from my place on the boulder and followed Elijah onto the cliff from the other day. The wasteland below sent a small shock of pain through my chest. Well, at least I still have some emotion left in my body.

"Was that...?" Jay whispered to me. I nodded and Eli cleared his throat. "Did Grigori cut holes in your shirts?"

"Yes."

Eli circled around me and stopped behind me. "Good." He trailed his finger down the hole in my shirt. His cool finger skimmed my skin and I flinched. His hands landed on my shoulders and he squeezed. "How's your back feeling?"