chapter 14 - "you're so hot."

Start from the beginning

"Woah, Hailey I'm telling you, you have a great chance with you Dream, this is amazing. "

I smiled warmly, "I have a lot more to show you."

I showed him everything I found these past years, our family secrets, the books, the old maps and pictures. And what I loved the most about him, is that he inspired me to keep on track. To follow it no matter what it is.

"You know the weirdest thing I found up til now, is the diary we found in the Forrest. The girl who owned it, was the person missing in the extended family tree on this poster," I said unrolling the paper and pointing to the drawn embty box which I marked with a '?'.

"I've read countless amounts of books, did a lot of tests but found nothing. Thats until I found this page in the book." I said getting the ultraviolet light and setting it on the paper, revealing hidden words.

"I soon found out she's related to me in a special kind of way, which caused the book to somehow reflect my life events." I finished and he looked at me with an excited face.

"Some of her daily life events are written right here, other pages consists of things that she learned and experienced through her days. Its truely amazing. she even wrote some secrets that her family didn't want to reveal. " I finished closing the book, and facing him.

"Tell your parents about your dream and follow it. No matter how far you reach," he said seizing my arm in his hands gently.

I smiled in a way of thanking him, and glanced at my arm. He followed my eyes and immediately loosened his grip on me, and scratched the back of his neck looking down.

His mouth let out a very rough cough making me wince. That must be painful.

"Are you okay?" I asked worried. "Uhh, yeah. Just a cough. " He said As I felt him gulp roughly. I frowned in concern and he smiled reassuring me that he's fine. Which I didn't buy.

"You seem tired maybe we should head off to sleep. Its already 4:30," I said as he nodded softly. We went up to where both mine and Jason's rooms were. "G'd night Ross, " I said as a smile crept on his face. "Sweet dreams," he replied before I entered the room.

****************************

I woke up to the fainted sound of water drops hitting my window. Checking the time, I got up, slipping on my slippers. Its 11:00 AM. I checked my phone to see an unread message.

Ross:
hey! I was up to get some groceries for the house. Tag along?

I pressed the lock button, and headed to the bathroom to take a cold shower, and brush my teeth. I changed, put on my lens and headed straight downstairs.

"You finally got your lazy ass up. Its 11 already," i heard Jason call from the living room. I sat on the couch beside him. "I had a sleepless night, " I said braiding my hair.

"Rydel went home like 30 min ago. Mom, dad and Ruby went shopping for the house. you know how long that takes." He said eating the mini pretzels.

He is right. When mom and dad go house shopping, they may get home midnight. And now that they'he taken Ruby, it'll probably take forever.

"Did dad say anything about the violin? " I asked hoping the answer is yes.

"Actually yes. He got the lute today morning, he said the violin is with aunt mia. It'll probably be here today in the afternoon."

"Mia? She hated that thing since I got it in fourth grade." I said shuddering. What if it arrives wrecked?

He gave me a sorry look and went straight to the refrigerator. "We need some milk, " he called looking up.