[ 02 ]

Dark clouds loomed above, threatening to pour buckets of water onto earth. You pulled your arms into the air and stretched. Thank god you didn't have any more student council work to do. Yet.

Gazing up at the sky, you figured you could reach home before it started raining. How wrong you were. The moment you took a step out of the school building, a drop of water dripped onto your cheek, and following it, torrents of rain came pouring down. You hopped back into the shelter and watched as students scrambled out of school, fiddling with their umbrellas that seemed happy enough to see their masters drenched.

Rummaging through the contents of your bag, you cursed. Where was your umbrella when you needed it? And on bright sunny days it liked being a burden in your bag. You sighed and sat down on elevated wooden platform you had just changed your shoes at, hoping the rain would stop soon.

"Kaichou-sama, do you not have an umbrella?" A soft, gentle voice asked and you turned. "Would you like to share mine?"

"It's fine Kija! Anyway, you live in the opposite direction don't you?" You smiled, waving both hands in a rejecting motion.

"I insist! What if you catch a cold?"

"Then I'll take her home." A deep voice joined into the conversation. "I live beside her anyway."

"I was the one who asked f-"

"It's okay Kija, I'll go with Hak." You smiled gratefully as you stood up and brushed off your behind.

Waving goodbye, you left Kija crying internally as you walked off with Hak.

---

"Hak, your side's wet." You said as you glanced at his right side. On the other hand, you, standing on his left side, were completely dry. Pushing the umbrella more to his side, you pouted. "You should cover yourself too!"

"But you would get wet (Name)."

"I'm fine!" You flashed him a grin.

You watched in surprise as Hak switched the umbrella to his right hand, and slung his left arm over your shoulder, pulling you closer to him. You blushed slightly at the contact.

It's just because of the rain. It's just because we need to share an umbrella. You chanted in your head, trying to convince yourself.

Well... not like you hated it.

That day, walking back home under an umbrella, was a blushing (Name) and a smirking ravenette.