Ash had to play his part until the moment was right to strike. Ash had to trick the trickster just for once, just enough to get the monster blinded by thinking victory was his.So he just rushed to his side and tried to trick himself into thinking he was helping Stiles and not him. Ash held him in his arms, wrapped his open wound with a piece of clothing the Nogitsune had left for this purpose and they were right on track with the plan.

Nogitsune was not completely out of it and kind of helped Ash while he tried to drag his body around the less crowded streets of Bacon Hills, Ash was not completely sure where Lydia was going to find them. He was overwhelmed by the sudden head ache, he wasn't sure what was going to happen right after this even though he had an idea what was bound to happen a little bit later. Would Lydia take Ash as well?

(Great. I'm a stranger to them! What if they don't believe and take Stiles away from me and I don't know what to do all alone and outside-)

Breath in, breath out.

Nogitsune was slipping into a comatose state and it was getting harder and his legs were about to give out when Lydia's car pulled right next to them. Ash almost cried upon seeing her, alive and here to help. Looking ethereal and strong as always.

"Stiles," was the first word she uttered when she saw them. She rushed next to them with worry all over her face. "What happened?" Ash almost chocked on nothing since she was acting as if it was natural to have Ash there. Regardless, he kept helping Lydia to put Stiles (Nogitsune!) back seat of the car and answered.

"He cut himself right open, his stomach, and these little evil bugs came out. Oh. Oh! We have to worn the werewolves. Isaac and maybe Derek? I'm not sure," Ash rambled and his voice cracked mid sentence. Lydia looked unshaken by his words but Ash had written about this state of hers before. It was a version of her which had her walls up and thick, in order to protect herself and her loved ones. She was probably holding back ugly sobs, it felt good to know that he was not alone.

"The question is why aren't you questioning my existence, I'm Ash by the way-" He was rambling once he was sat on the shotgun and Lydia was one the driving seat.

"Malia told us about you, she had a pretty strong case. And... we are desperate. We need help. Can you do that?"

She asked with steady voice but her eyes looked pleading even through the mirror.

"I'm Lydia- you probably know that anyway, right?"

"I do," said Ash. "And I can. Help, I mean. Trying is the least I can do."

Lydia was still tense with her hands gripping the wheel like her life depended on it and her face paler than usual, her hair messier than usual. But she gave a faint smile and held her chin up as her eyes flickered over Stiles' body through the mirror for a brief second.With that, Ash felt hope for the first time.

...

It was so overwhelming to be around all of them (least most of them) and Ash felt guilty cause he was feeling almost happy in a situation like this. Key word was almost. Ash's feet and hands were still cold due to being constantly terrified and on alert and he was desperately in need of a good old nap. People had been giving him side glances and they were trying not to be hostile and Ash was grateful.He was also grateful to Malia for investigating the basement once they hadn't returned, she had found the picture of Kira's mom (oh, that's why they looked alike.) and told all about their little adventure in Eichen.

Everyone was cautious towards the story, at least Ash assumed that, but Scott had been the one to call the shots. I believe her. So, he was also grateful to Scott who had been giving Ash the warmest smiles. Ash didn't want to be excluded and he declined any offer that suggested he should sleep. Well, that was until he practically passed out on the couch which was too close to the Nogitsune who had been giving creepy glances at everyone.