Blood dripped out of the corner of his lip. Luciano watched intensely as he wiped it with his finger.

Tears burned at the back of Luciano's eyes and he started hyperventilating. He was frightened, and only a small child after all. He resumed his attempts to scramble away from him.

He knew this face: it that belonged to one of the brothers he was taught to fear by his mother before she passed away. Someone half of Europe heard of and feared more than anything.

He was known as the brother nobody encountered and lived.

"Do not try to escape me, ragazzo," the creature spoke up. His voice was cold and his hands were curled into fists at his sides. He stared down at Luciano with a look of boredom on his face. "You will not succeed."

Luciano gulped and his efforts ceased.

What is he going to do to me?

The man was now right in front of him. Luciano was sitting up against the wall now, struggling to remain in eye contact with him as a result of his tall figure.

He seemed to notice this and he slowly knelt in front of him, seeming unnervingly calm. "What is your name?" He asked. Luciano could detect a slight accent from him, but he could not tell which one.

He remained silent. He was frozen in fear.

The man's eyes narrowed and he titled his head inquiringly. "You are a very stubborn child." He bowed his head in shame as he realised the double meaning behind his words.

"You have seen?" This creature had no doubt been watching him when he stole the artifact.

"Of course I have. And I am a very impatient man, so I am asking you again, ragazzo: what is your name?"

He took a gulp before hesitantly answering, reminding himself of the danger this one man caused: "L-Luciano."

His eyes flashed before seeming to lighten. This confused Luciano, as this was contrary to what he was taught. "Buonasera, Luciano," he greeted, even giving him a small smile.

"A-are you going to h-hurt me?" He could not help himself. The man's smile evaporated and was replaced with a look of wonder.

"I see you have heard of me." It was a statement rather than a question. "You see, Luciano, I am many things. But I do not harm children."

This provided a somewhat comfort to Luciano, despite sitting in front of quite literally the most dangerous creature in the world. "They say you are the last thing people see before they die. Is this true?"

The man stared at him for a moment before his eyes changed. Luciano gasped as his eye-whites turned black, forming into sickly purple protruding lines under his eyes. Crimson irises stared out at him.

It took a second for Luciano to unconsciously reach out and run his small hand over the lines. They felt like veins.

It was then he realized what he was doing and immediately he withdrew. "Forgive me."

The man looked amused for a moment. He was not at all bothered by the young boy.

"You are hurt," he stated instead. Luciano glanced down at himself. He had forgotten about his wounds.

"I am alright."

"Are you certain?"  He asked, standing up and holding out his hand for Luciano to take. He hesitated but grabbed it anyway, wincing in pain as he forced himself up from the ground. "Strong boy."