Chapter 6

~Rose~

I gave a low, warning growl as Mark got up from the ground slowly, eyes watchful. "I knew you were one of them." He said absently.

I was too angry to use words, so in the matter of a split second I had backhanded him to the ground. He fell with a cry.

I didn't stop; I kicked him across the ground so he landed sideways against a tree, hard. He started coughing, but I still grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and slammed him against the tree bark, holding him a foot of the ground easily.

"Fight me!" I snapped at him. "Just like you did with Diana. Go ahead, Mark! Do it!"

"Rose." I heard Diana croak from behind me, but I ignored her and threw Mark to the ground. I stepped back.

"Come on, give it all you got."

He shook his head, trying to stand up. "I'm not gonna fight you."

"Why not?" I threw another kick to his chest and he doubled over again, groaning in pain. "You didn't mind to do it with my friend." I picked him up by his throat, lifting him off the ground again. "Fight, or I will kill you."

He remained silent but clutched at my hand, trying to release the pressure I was unknowingly applying.

But then someone made me drop him and he fell to the ground, gasping for breath. I spun to face whoever caused it and stopped. It was Fallon.

"Stop this, Rose." He said sternly, still holding my arm that he grabbed to make me let go of the hunter. He looked just about as ticked as I was.

"Stay out of this." I snapped at him, trying to pull my arm away. But his grip tightened. "This is between him and me."

"This isn't you anymore."

"You don't know me!" I shoved him away. He staggered back a few feet, eyes hard. "I just met you today."

"I know enough about you to know that you are out of control!" He snapped back.

"I'm not out of control. I want to cause him pain." I turned back to the hunter. "Did your kind also kill my parents? Did they?!"

"Rose." Fallon spun me around to face him. His eyes were blazing, seconds away from also going red. "Stop. Now."

"Another vampire." Mark's voice sneered, making me look at him. "Can't get rid of me by yourself?"

Fallon appeared in from of him in a split second and then kicked him in the face with his boot, hard. Mark fell to the ground, unconscious.

Then he turned back to me. I saw that his fangs had lengthened even more.

I bared my own teeth at him, making his eyes narrow at me. "Get out of here."

"If I do, I'm taking you with me." He said angrily, towering over me intimidatingly. I glared up at him, not backing down.

"No." I said firmly. His breath fanned my face as he gave off a dark aura. He was getting angrier by the second.

"Yes."

"No!" I slashed his face with my nails. It made his head snap to the side. Blood dripped down his cheek from the three long cuts I made.

Just then I realized my mistake. Wow, I was out of control.

My eyes turned back to brown and I blinked.

His head snapped back to me and he growled loudly at me, his endless black eyes turning into a bright red. I slowly backed away, then turned in a lame attempt to run away from his wrath. But he was there, right in front of me again.