Chapter Two

Chapter 2

~Kona Waterfall's POV~

I nervously wait by the arena. It's almost time for my match with Frost IceStorm! We are the first match in the first round for the Tournament of Prowess this year.

I have my blades unsheathed in my belt. I chose a sea blue and black outfit. My leggings are black with a sea blue design swirling on the sides. They are also stretchy, but form fitting, and don't hinder any movement. I also wear a short black skirt that doesn't hinder my movement in any way. My shirt is also form fitting, a bit long as to make sure no skin ever shows, and has sea blue swirls along the quarter long sleeves. I wear black soft soled, calf length, leather boots. My belt is a simple black leather strap tied around my waist.

I notice Frost IceStorm is now on the other side of the arena and is wearing white pants paired with a white sleeveless tunic. He is wearing similar boots as I am, except his are white. All in all, blinding in the full sunlight...Just like ice.

The announcer, Gilder, steps up onto the judges table. The rules to the tournament are simple. You are allowed to use only your choice of weapon and your element. You are not allowed to wound your opponent severely. If you do, you are immediately disqualified. Hand to hand combat is allowed. No hitting any of the the people in the stands. If you do, you are disqualified. You win by either knocking the person out, or by them giving by raising their left hand in a fist. If you continue to attack you opponent after they have lost consciousness, or have raised their left fist in defeat, you automatically lose and they win the match. You must win your match fairly in order to move on to the second round.

My attention turns to Gilder as he clears his throat and the crowd quiets down.

"Thank you all for coming to the seventh annual Tournament of Prowess!" The crowd cheers and claps. It takes them a while to quiet down, but when they do, Gildor continues, "For our first Match of the round, we have, Kona Waterfall, of the Water element!"

The crowd cheers as I enter the arena and wave to my parents and older sister.

"Versus Frost IceStorm, of the Ice element!" Frost steps out onto the arena and waves to the crowd as they cheer.

"Guards up!"

I shift my feet into a balanced fighting position.

"Elements ready!"

I draw some of the water from the stream to my left and have it ready to use.

"Fight!"

Frost charges at me turning the stream to ice and shooting sharp, ice shards at me. I drop and roll to the side. The shards miss me by an inch. Too close for my liking. I quickly stand and use the water that isn't frozen. I form tiny little balls of water and shoot them at Frost. He dodges most but a few still hit him with a loud smack. Water bullets always leave bruises. That's what I love about them.

I run to the stream and jump over it bringing more water with me. I split the water into more bullets and shoot them back at Frost. Frost turns them to ice while he throws one of his throwing knives at me. I move to get out of the way. It grazes my cheek. I lift my hand to my cheek. When I look at my hand there's blood. I glare at him and use more water to create a whip. I swing it and make it crack. Frost flinches, good.

I stand ready and he throws multiple knives one after the other. I dodge two and catch the third with the whip. I twist and flick the whip making the knife fly back towards Frost. He ducks and rolls to the right. He advances and I shoot more water bullets at him, using the water from my whip. He manages to dodge a few of the bullets, and freeze a couple more. He grunts when he gets hit by the rest and shoots the ice bullets back at me.