Chapter 13

Zeb's POV

We laid low for a couple weeks. We knew we couldn't be discovered. No doubt the Jedi were looking for us for saving the senator.

But that was the least of our worries.

We were still no closer to finding out where the time machine was.
We tried everything to get blueprints or something for the senate building, but we would have to look in the building ourselves.

Ezra finally named his new bucket of bolts. I thought he should have changed the name to something more...fitting, but he didn't agree with me. His name was Screwy.

I had to agree, the droid did screw around a lot.

But we had more pressing matters to attend to then Screwy. Sabine had devised a somewhat crazy plan to scout out the senate building.

Her plan was simple, Ezra and I go up to a ledge higher than the one the snipers were at. We would have to find a window into a empty hallway. Then, walk around like we were not planning to put the place on high alert, and faults. That or the Chancellor's office.

It was decided that we would pull of the plan tonight, when it was less busy.

"Sabine, don't you think climbing up a senator building will go noticed?" Ezra asked.

"That is why we are doing it later!" She exclaimed.

"Whatever you say," I mumbled.

Sabine's POV

I could not believe the guys were doubting my plan! But, truth be told, I was also doubting the plan. Just slightly!

I was starting to doubt myself more and more these past two weeks. I was almost ready to break down. Living a life without the whole crew just was not working for me.

Ever since Mandalore, I had felt the need to return to the Ghost become stronger. Visiting all those melancholy memories fueled that need.

I almost broke down in front of Zeb about my past. Zeb!

I just was never sure completely on what to do anymore lately. Hopefully, Zeb and Ezra, or Screwy have noticed.

My goodness, Screwy! Ezra's droid was the most annoying droid in the entire galaxy! He seemed to favor his captain, though.

Just last night, Screwy hid my blasters and Zeb's boriffle. But somehow Ezra still had his lightsaber AND slingshot.

We finally found the weapons in the ventalation shafts. It took us three hours! I was about ready to bust the droid for spare parts.

Great, now I sound like the boys!

Ahsoka's POV

We hadn't found the spectors yet. It had been a tiresome two weeks, looking for them and finding them nowhere.

Anakin seemed intent on finding them. He always seemed to favor Padme. I never knew why, but this assassination attempt has him on edge. He had the Jedi place extra guards on her! Talk about helicopter parent!

But, as far as I could see, these spectors did not want to be found. And they were good at it. I would give them a pat on the back for it, IF WE COULD FIND THEM!

Master Kenobi suggested giving up the search yesterday, but Padme was intent on finding them. She really wanted to thank these strangers.

I agreed with Kenobi, though. It has been two weeks. If we have not found them now, we might never find them.

After we had this little, meeting, Anakin suggested I go meditate in my room. Maybe the force will guide to find them.

I sat on a mat on the floor and starting to release myself to the force. I used the force to reach beyond the temple. Nothing. I sighed and got up.

Maybe Master Yoda could help.

Anakin's POV

I had to find them.

They saved my wife. My ever beautiful wife.

I had to thank them.

Obi-Wan's POV

This crew was by far the most interesting I had met so far. A Jedi who would admit nothing, a stubborn, military-like, grumpy Lasat, and a splatter-painted Mandalorian with an attitude.

At least this man hunt was not boring. Who would call interrogating random people who hate you with everything they have boring?

But my main worry was Anakin. He and Padme have been close friends for many years. He valued her safety above all else, it seemed.

I just hoped it would not grow into something more...