Chapter 7

Ezra's POV

We had to sleep on the streets last night. All the inns were closed due to the Seperatist attack. I was used to sleeping with no cover, Sabine and Zeb, not so much.

"I don't see how you could have done this for 8 years, Ezra! I would have frozen to death!" Zeb exclaimed.

"Hey, this is not so bad. I have been through worst nights," I said.

"I do not see how it could get much worse than this!"

"Wait for winter."

We all slept uneasy that. All of us missed our bunk on the Ghost. Would we ever see the Ghost again? Would we see Kanan and Hera again?

The next morning, we all woke up hungry. "To the market!" Sabine said without much enthusiasm.

The walk was shorter it seemed this time since we have been going to the market so many times. We entered the market and the place was as bustling as before the Seperatist attack, but you could tell some people were still on edge.

We made our way to the rows of stalls. As we browsed, we discussed our next move.

"I would imagine if the machine existed at this time, it would be on Coruscant," Sabine reasoned.

"Yeah, but where on the planet?" I asked.

"Why don't we just go back to the planet and find out?" Sabine suggested.

"Yeah, how are we supposed to get on a transport? The last one we went in didn't even charge and I did not like the company," Zeb said.

"I can fix that," I said before disappearing through the crowd.

I came back carrying three full bags of coins. "Nice find, kid," Zeb said.

"Off to get a transport," Sabine said.

We bought some fruit and headed down to the spaceport. We got tickets to Coruscant and waited.

While we were standing, I notice there were Republic ships also parked and there were clones loading them. "I think the Jedi are leaving," Zeb said, pointing out the Jedi from yesterday.

"Better not to be noticed right now," Sabine said.

We raced away fromn the Jedi and waited for our transport. Finally, we were docking. Just as we got on though, blaster fire broke out from behind us.

All three of us were shoved into the transport by someone behind us. We were the only ones in the transport. "Open up the door!" Sabine yelled.

Zeb ran to the door. "It's locked!"

We looked out the window to see the ongoing battle. The presence of droids firing confirmed it was a Seperatist attack.

"They are going to blow the transport!" Zeb shouted, pointing at droids out the window arming explosives.

"Ezra! Cut a hole through the door!" Sabine yelled.

I ran to the doot and ignited my lightsaber. "I don't know if I can get through this in time!" I yelled.

"Well just hurry!" Sabine yelled back.

As I worked on the door, Sabine and Zeb worked at the control consol to get the door open. Finally, I cut a hole through the door. "I got it!" I yelled and we all went through.

As we ran from the transport, we heard a big boom as we were all thrown forward with such force, I blacked out when I landed.