Chapter 5 - Basketball and Parties

Začať od začiatku

I nudged her, "Emma, you can't just stare like that!"

She blushed, "Oh right. Whoops!"

Rose giggled at her, while Fred and Jim rolled their eyes.

My third day of freshman year droned on boringly. I was so tired that I had trouble concentrating in most of my classes, so I didn't really bother trying to absorb anything that my teachers were saying.

To make matters worse, I had to go back to drama club this afternoon and sing. I was dreading it.

By the time the bell rang for the end of the day, I was nearly asleep on my feet. Basically I was like a walking zombie.

I was surprised to find that Michael had actually made it on time to drama club today, as he was already sitting down when I arrived.

Grace seemed just as excited as yesterday, even though the drama club still had no new members. The two fresmen girls that had been there yesterday sat in the row behind Michael, constantly whispering and pointing at him. I rolled my eyes slightly at how awestruck they were by him. The basketball team at how school had kind of a 'celebrity status' in the hallways, and everyone knew who they were. 

Tomorrow is the first basketball game of the year, and there was going to be a huge after party at Jacob's house. Normally the parties are reserved for seniors, the basketball team and the most popular people at school. However, being Dylan's sister, I was allowed to go and bring a few friends.

"Alright students, unfortunately, no one else auditioned for the musical," Grace said with a frown.

No surprises there ...

Grace took a small lap around the room, her frown turning into a smile, "So, that means, our two lead roles are going to be Sophia and Michael!"

Oh my God.

I turned to look at Michael, and his expression mirrored mine. It was one of shock.

There's no way that I'm going to play the freaking lead in the school musical.

"Uh, Grace, when the principal said that we would be in the musical, I was thinking it might be better if Michael and I are backstage?" I said feebly, hoping that she would agree to this for some reason.

"Yeah, I think our talents are more suited to props and painting stages," Michael called from his seat.

"Oh no, I disagree." Grace said smiling that huge smile of hers, "You two had such natural chemisty and you could say the lines perfectly!"

I felt myself blush at her mention of chemistry again. However, Michael didn't even seem to notice.

Michael looked furious, "I really don't think I'm right for the part," he argued.

But Grace couldn't be convinced, "Considering you two have the parts, I guess there's no reason to audition you for singing. Why don't I give you each a script and you can learn the script over the weekend?"

I nodded my head, still in shock. Michael simply stormed towards her, took the script, and left the room without a second glance.

"He is so cute when he's mad," one of the freshman girls whispered as soon as he had left.

I rolled my eyes, took a script, and followed Michael out of the room. The only good thing was that I didn't have to sing. I just didn't think I was ready for that yet.

I nearly screamed when I turned a corner on my way out of the school and I came face to face with Michael.

"Woah, calm down freshman," he said with his signature smirk when he realised that he had scared me.