Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Blood dripped from my fingertips, into the porcelain white sink. My blood lust was semi-satisfied by the recent kill but my blood still boils when I think of the person who stole my victim. Yes, they probably did prevent me from having to kill my only friend. But only an expert would have been able to steal a body right from under my nose. I know it wasn't a female because unless she was a supernatural, then she wouldn't have been able to smoothly lift a grown man's body with that little amount of time.

Scrubbing my bloodstained hands harder, I groaned in frustration and confusion. Even if I were to kill the person who did this, I honestly can't help but feel impressed by how clean their work was. Obviously the cigarette  was left there on purpose as their signature. Only a rookie would have left it there on accident.

Grabbing a wash cloth, I dried my hands and gingerly wiped a few spots of blood off my face. When my phone rang I automatically ignored it knowing that it was of course Sarah. My energy was depleted and the last thing I needed was her voice scraping off the last bits of my sanity.

Three seconds later, a hard knock was heard and I felt like tearing my hair out when I heard,"ALLY I KNOW YOUR THERE! OPEN UP!"

Murderous, I cracked my knuckles thinking of all the ways I could silently make this day her last. However, I wasn't expecting to be yanked out of my apartment when I opened the door. There was Sarah, clutching my arm in a death grip as she threw me a smile,"We're going out today and your going to love it!"

Rolling my eyes, I hid my growing agitation by throwing on some fake enthusiasm,"Yeah....girls night.." Not fazed by my pathetic acting performance, she walked us out of the building and towards her electric scooter.

Not bike. Scooter.

Throwing me a pink helmet, she climbed on and waited for me to get on as well. I looked at the useless piece of metal in disgust. Not at all excited to get anywhere close to Sarah  unless it was ripping her head off with my bare fingers.

But since I'm a good friend, she'll live till tomorrow. No other promises after that.

Strapping on the helmet, I climbed on the scooter and hang on to the sides of the seat. Dreading the thought of going to the cafe again when their probably already investigating the murder of the guy who worked there, when I was on the security footage. Indeed, my disguise looked completely different at the time but a killer can never be too careful.

That's how you get caught, small details like that.

Don't you hate it when police do their job?

As predicted, a police cruiser was outside the cafe and Sarah eagerly pulled me off the scooter and into the small store. The policemen casually sat at a table near the cashier, calculating everyone's moves. My eyes quickly did a scan, realizing there was only for costumes including ourselves. The fourth customer had a strange air to him as he put his feet up on the table and exhaled smoke from his cigarette. He oozed amusement and seemed to be staring right at me when his lips curved up into a smirk.

Who is this guy?

---------
Vote, comment and f4f!