Trembling Mimi sank into a chair, placing a hand on her belly, drawing his gaze and narrowed with disgust. "In the house, they were going to buy. She wasn't meant to be there." She looked up searching with sad eyes. "Do you have any idea how I felt when she walked in on us?"

"Your guilt means nothing to me," he snarled, anger swirling like a rising tide. The tears that welled in her eyes and spilled over, trickling down her cheeks, left him cold. After what they had done to an innocent like Olivia, was inexcusable. She placed trembling fingers against her lips, blond hair tumbling forward as she lowered her head.

"She said nothing, not a thing, dropped her key, turned, and run out." Her soft voice trembled uncontrollably. "I haven't seen or spoken to her since."

"So you, what? Waltz over here as you are, expecting Olivia to forgive you, hug each other and all would be fine?" She flinched at his sarcastic tone. "I believe it would be best all around that you leave, Ms. Anderson, and do not bother Olivia again, do you not?" he challenged.

Her head shot up, eyes hard. "Who are you to tell me what to do? We have been best friends forever."

"Friends do not sleep with their friend's fiance, no matter how unsuitable." Khalaf reached for the phone to organise a flight. "I have a plane ready to take you where you need to go, however, you will not be staying here, do you understand?" he asked, replacing the phone.

"I understand you're trying to keep us apart."

"Olivia has made her feelings very clear to me. She doesn't want to see you or have anything to do with you. Now I understand why. If I had known the facts beforehand you would've never been allowed passed the gates. I'm sure you are tired and hungry. Your needs will be seen to before you leave, however, you will have no contact at all with Olivia." With that, he stood and walked out, leaving her in the care of one of the attendants while he went to see to Olivia personally.

He entered their apartment, finding her where he had left her. He went to the bedroom and whipped off the bed quilt and went back, placing the quilt over her, and settled at her side. Olivia turned towards him, where he gathered her against his chest, tugging the quilt around her. She was in shock.

He reached for the house phone, ordering tea and some food that was shared, making sure she drank the sweetened tea and light snack, snuggling back against him. He had his afternoon cleared, staying at her side.

"Are you alright?" he asked with concern, brushing hair back from her face. It had been so long since she had said a word. She nodded. "She has gone Olivia and you never have to see her again," he reassured her.

"She's having his baby," she whispered, sounding bewildered.

"You should have told me," he said softly.

"What, the most embarrassing event in my life? I had no idea, Khalaf. How is that even possible? Someone else, yes I could understand that, but my best friend, how could he do that to me?"

"How could she?" She looked up at him blankly. "It takes two to tango, habibti; she is just as much to blame as he is."

Olivia looked up at him devastated. "She was my best friend. How could I have not known, Khalaf?" she asked dazed, blinking back more tears. He wrapped her tightly in his arms, where she buried her face into his chest, clutching at his shirt with a clenched hand. "It's just seeing her like that. God, why would he keep up the pretense if he was sleeping with her?" More confused than ever, she buried her face deeper into his chest. She felt so used. "I nearly bought a house with him, and he had the cheek to share our bed. Do you know how humiliating it was to find them in that position in our marriage bed, and in I waltz, none the wiser like some bouncing Bambi."