Chapter Four

"What, you have your own Air Force one?" She asked bewildered as they approached the enormous private jet. Will wonders never cease? Jumbo jet, airbus, whatever they are called these days. She'll bet it wasn't decked out as a normal plane, rows upon rows of seats, seated like cattle.

She should know. David had flown in, packed her up, and shoved her on the first plane out of Australia, and could only get economy seats. She hadn't cared at the time, wallowing in pain, all the way to Dubai without noticing. Thinking back, she must have been a pain in the butt and felt sorry for her fellow passengers.

"No, Olivia, I have my own plane," he corrected, "that belongs to the country."

"Nothing like spending the country's money," she mumbled under her breath.

"You want me to fly commercial?" he asked, stunned.

"My, what big ears you have."

"So be warned."

"Okay, so warned," she noted, then sighed. "I didn't mean anything, Khalaf."

"You did. Hating the male population or taking your frustrations out on us won't solve your problems, Olivia. As if, I don't have enough problems on my hands, without you, adding to them."

"Sorry, just ignore me. I'll be the one sitting in the corner sulking." Is that how he really saw her? She guessed she deserved no better. How did she become so pathetic? The day she found her fiancé in bed with her so-called best friend. "It's not you Khalaf, it's me," she whispered, blinking back tears.

Khalaf stopped short, pulling her up short by her arm. "I know you have been hurting, but he isn't worth it, do you understand me? You are worth ten of the worthless piece of dirt, who treated you so badly. I need you to let go, relax, and enjoy yourself. Can you at least try?"

She took a deep breath. "I will," she promised, then moaned. "I have been a pain in the butt, haven't I?"

He smiled. "You're words, habibti, not mine." Releasing her, he caressed her arm with his fingers sending shivers of warmth down her spine, taking hold of her hand and squeezed as he led her towards the back of the plane, where they were taken up by an elevator.

"Okay, not Air Force one," she gasped. "I'm sure they don't have one of these." She pointed out. They were taken straight up to the second level, stepping out into a waiting room with soft velvet sofa and seats, television on the wall, bar off to the right, and walked through into a larger living area, one of many. Awestruck she touched his arm. "Don't worry about me I will be too busy exploring if you don't mind?"

"As you wish, however, for now, find yourself a seat and buckle in until we are in flight."

"Whatever you say, Khalaf," she grinned taking his breath away by the sparkle in her eyes and smile that lit up her whole face.

Olivia went through three sections, looking for the best views and settled in a super soft oversize armchair, buckle in, and looked out the window, watching all the activity below. Khalaf was correct, she had her whole life in front of her and by wallowing in self-pity she was missing out on so much like this. She was going to enjoy this while it lasted. No expectations, no romantic entanglements, no dreams, just enjoy the moment.

She glanced across as another joined her on the opposite side in a matching chair, smiling that froze at the man seated. His robe was gone replaced with dark pants and dark grey shirt, the first three buttons undone exposing the dark bronzed skin of his culture. "Wow, look at you, the Sheikh dressing down!" She liked it running eyes over him. Very much so.

He sighed. "I think sulking suits you better." She poked out her tongue, chuckling at his shocked expression. "Respect woman, where is your respect?"