Chapter five

Khalaf hadn't been kidding when they arrived in England they hit the tarmac running and was taken away in a private city car, straight towards the University, where he had a meeting with the head dean. Olivia stayed in the car. She didn't want to cause him any more problems or headaches.

Quietly she sat in the car, watching the activity of the busy university, pondering over her future. Where did she go from here? She couldn't stay with the sheikh or in his country, she could see that now. She could hide away in her parent's house, while she looked for a new job, new life, a new beginning, if she was lucky enough to find one. 

Of course, that also meant a new circle of friends. She reached for her handbag and removed her mobile. Did she or not? She had shut down all communications with her friends. Had she been wrong to shut out her friends as she had?

"Get in the car," Khalaf tight voice ordered, making her throw her mobile back into her bag and shifted across as he lowered into the car at her side. She glanced across and confront two blackheads siblings, one with long flowing hair, the other short and cropped to his head.

Without saying anything a word, she rubbed Khalaf's arm, feeling his tension and smiled as he looked down. "Is this Oxford or Cambridge?"

"Oxford," he answered, covering her hand on his arm with his own. She looked behind as they left the grounds of the university.

"It is amazing, did you go there?"

"Yes, well mostly," he added thoughtfully.

She looked at him stunned. "You didn't finish?"

"No, I had to go home."

"Really, why?"

"Family issues."

"Oh, sorry." He didn't like talking about his family and personal stuff, she was beginning to learn. "Did you ever finish the courses?"

"Yes." That pleased her.

"Now where are we going?"

"Shipping the twins home," he stated coldly and exactly what he did as they watch the plane take off with the twins aboard who weren't happy been sent home alone, looking very sullen, shooting her daggers as if it was her fault.

"They didn't look that happy," she noted.

"They are lucky to be breathing," he growled. "Come, I have some business that needs my attention"

"Oh, what is that? Are we staying here?"

He gave her a crooked smile. "Unless you have sprouted wings that I don't know about that would be correct."

"Oh, you." Playfully she swatted his crossed arm, both leaning against the car, receiving a raised brow at such actions. "You know what I mean, why didn't we go with them?" Not that she was in any hurry to leave because that would mean her going home.

"At this time it is best there is a distance between us. They will be collected and grounded until I come back and decide what to do with them."

"What did they do?" she asked astonished, what could have they done to be expelled from the university?

"They have pushed the boundaries once too often, and have tried my patience beyond reason. I do not want to discuss those two," he dismissed straightened as if he was ready to leave. A man was there instantly and opened the back door, where she lowered in and slid across and was joined by Khalaf, who instructed his driver to go, leaving the airport and heading towards the centre of London. Olivia's nose was pressed against the window, taking in all the sites.