Chapter Seven

The following days Khalaf showed Olivia all over London. All the major sites, all the tourist sites, even went shopping in Harrods. When they weren't seeing the sights, they were watching movies in his bed. The one she shared every night sleeping in his arms since that first night.

They spend many hours in his bed. Tomorrow they were heading back, spending their last night in bed, food supplied as they snuggled together, enjoying a movie fest. Olivia curled into his side, his arm firmly around her, kissing leisurely as they shared strawberries and champagne. Lazily she ran a hand over his warm hard silky chest. "Thank you for today that was fun," she said between kisses. They had done the double-deck bus tour, on the open top level, much to Khalaf's disgust.

"My frozen b.." She kissed him, dropping her hand between his legs, warming him with a caressing hand. He moaned, reacting to his touch. "Actually I wasn't talking about them but that's fine," he sighed with pleasure.

"Oh," she shifted on top, placing both hands on his bottom and kneaded. "Better?"

"I prefer the other," he noted laughing, his hand caressed over the contour of her bottom as she kissed his neck.

"What are we watching now?" 

He reached for the remote, switching off the television. "Nothing, I found something  much more interesting to do."

She sighed. "So have I," she agreed then suddenly lift up her head, where he brushed back hair away from her face.

"Habibti, what is it?" he asked his hand stilling.

"I have really enjoyed the last few days, you know that, don't you?" he nodded though watchful. "It just," she ran her teeth over the bottom lip with guilt, "I hope I haven't interfered with your work. I know you have done all this for me but not at the cost of your people's needs or your own."

His eyes warmed and smiled, threading his hand through her hair, guiding her down to him and kissed. "Habibti, I made sure I had a clear schedule just to spend time with you."

"Oh," she melted,  giving herself over to him, completely, wholly. This was their last night in London. Tomorrow they were heading back to his home and the palace. Olivia held him in her arms as he slept, cheek buried in her breasts, one arm above her head, the other holding her tightly as he slept. 

She couldn't help reliving the last days from the dance on the balcony, their first time to the fun and laughter of their days. Dinner at the Savoy, very romantic, followed by a club, dancing to the night away. He had certainly swept her off her feet. 

She never had that with him. 

Finally realising, it would've never worked, yet they still had betrayed her that still hurt. 

Now she had to face her future, whatever it was.

*****

Arriving back at the palace, Olivia found herself back in her suite of rooms, alone.  Khalaf back to business. Hugging her arms, she wandered around, her belongings been unpacked, not sure where she stood, and what was going to happen. Was that it,  what they shared in London? He said he couldn't give her forever. He did have a kingdom to run and who was she? Releasing a long breath, she settled into a divan, looking up as the doors opened and staff arrived with refreshments and food that set the pattern of the next few days.

Khalaf kept his distance.

It became a routine of waking, kept in her room, where she mainly wrote in her journey about her adventure in the desert and the trip to London. The sights she had seen, until now, where it had just stopped, slamming the journal shut. It was time she confronted Khalaf. This exile to her rooms was insane. Perhaps she could explore the palace that would be better than been stuck in here.