I'm Not Okay

I have learnt over the years, sometimes it's okay not to be okay.

We all have days when it feels like everything is wrong, and you just can't explain what is really wrong, I mean do people really understand when they say they do.

I understand the pain of others, no I won't offer sympathy, and say there there, it will be okay and give out advice, I will emphasise, because lets face it, we all have a back story, something that makes us who we are, and it's when one runs from it is when it feels like the walls are closing in.

I have yet to meet someone who is actually okay, but that is life, we are humans with emotions and feelings and all our lives are so different, no two lives are the same.

We are all on a journey, and where it will end I don't know, yes death is when we stop, but I like to think it's much more than that, I mean after all the ups and downs of life, is that it?

Do we just end up worm food, or just a pile of ashes to be scattered or placed on the mantelpiece, I would like to think there is so much more than just that.

Like I have learnt over the years it's okay not to be okay, while one is not feeling okay, think a little about the lives of others, in war torn countries waking up to bombs and fighting, and trying to survive, trying to keep mind and body in one place. I am thankful every day that I don't live in a place like that, I would rather not be okay for a while.

We all have bad days, weeks or even months, and we may even push away people who try and help. It's just human nature to do that.

My father taught me something when I was younger, he said "If someone wants to talk, always talk back, don't act like you are more important or you don't have the time" I have lived my life like this, I always give people my time, I may be falling apart or had a real bad day, but if someone just wants to talk, I will give them that. Online and offline (I call real life offline)

So just throw caution to the wind and just say "No I'm not okay" it's okay not to be okay.