“Will she be getting the medication now?” Officer Lee asked. 

“No, I will write her a prescription and she will get it filled at a local pharmacy.” 

“Okay.” 

“Do you have any other concerns Ms.Greene?” I shook my head. Dr.Bryant stood up from his chair. He walked over to me, reaching into his shirt pocket. He pulled out a small white card and handed it to me. “Here is my card, in case you have any other problems.” 

“Okay.” I said. 

“And please, feel free to call me if you simply want to go out for dinner or something like that.” 

Officer Lee reached in front of me, taking the card from Dr.Bryant’s hand. “I’m sure she will.” he said. 

“Alright, I think my job here is done.” the doctor said smiling. He reached forward and took my hand, kissing it for the second time. “Goodbye Ms.Greene.” 

“Bye.” 

He smiled one at me one last time, giving Officer Lee an evil glare, before exiting the room. 

After stopping at the pharmacy to pick up my medication Officer Lee and I headed home. 

He parked the police cruiser in the lot underneath the apartment building before the both of us climbed out. I trailed behind him, walking over to the elevator. He pressed the up button. Ding! The elevator bell rang as the doors opened. 

Officer Lee held out his hand, signaling for me to go in first. I gave him a small smile as I stepped in, him following after me. He pressed the button for the penthouse, punching in the five digit code. 

We stood in silence, without even the music to annoy us. 

My mind wondered as the elevator slowly moved from floor to floor. 

I bit my lip as I recalled the previous night. The feeling of us together replaying in my head again. I turned slightly to look at Officer Lee. He gaze was fixed on the elevator doors. Did he forget what happened? Did he forget what he said to me? “Stay. Please… stay.” His words rang through my ears. Maybe he didn’t want to remember.

The doors opened suddenly, breaking me from my thoughts.

I stepped out into the foyer, waiting patiently by the door while Officer Lee pulled out his keys. He unlocked the door, pushing it open. He stepped to the side, allowing me to walk in first. 

I immediately walked into the kitchen. I opened up the refrigerator, searching for something, anything eat. God, how I wish Lucy was here. 

I closed the refrigerator upon hearing the pad of feet on the tiled kitchen floor.  

I looked up, my mouth falling open as I laid eyes on Officer Lee. He had removed his shoes and shirt. Standing before me in only a pair of black jeans, he looked good enough to eat. 

I quickly looked away, worried that he would catch me staring. 

“Are you hungry?” he asked. I nodded my head as I continued looking at the floor. He sighed, “I wish Lucy would return soon.” He opened up a drawer, pulling out menus. “Is take out okay with you?” I nodded again. He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at me. “Are you alright?” 

“Yes.” I said, my voice coming out entirely too squeaky. I cleared my throat. 

His eyes scanned over the menus before he picked up one in particular. “Pizza?” 

“Sounds good.” 

“What kind?” 

“Whatever you get is fine with me.”