Chapter 1

It was around midnight on a cold December night when I first saw him. He looked normal, black hair, the most beautiful green eyes and a smile that would make your knees wobble. He was hot, to put it easy. He was wearing a black leather jacket and jeans. Typical bad boy attire.

He was getting a coffee at the counter when I entered the gas station shop. At first he didn't notice me and I didn't notice him. We were just two strangers at a gas station. I was dressed in a thick coat with tights and fluffy boots, attractive right. I wasn't feeling like dressing up because my 'wonderful' sister oh so graciously threw me off the bed when she saw the milk was finished. Seriously who wants to eat cereal at midnight. She couldn't wait till morning for milk, no so here I am grumpy as hell standing in a queue to pay for milk. I'm tired, cranky and fairly stiff from the cold.

I came here regularly so I knew Joe. He usually worked at the cash register and was always nice to me. "Who let you escape from hell?" Joe asked bemused. "Shut up Joe " I glared at him. Joe held his hands up innocently."Okay okay here's your change Tamara, now go back to bed before we all suffer." I gave him a sarcastic smile and turned around.

As the door opened my butt hit the floor and my neck and chest suddenly became scorching hot. "Watch where you're going jackass!"I looked angrily at the guilty person. Stupi-hold up he's hot. "Sorry didn't see you there" he smiled down at me and offered me his hand. I slapped it away. "I can get up on my own thank you very damn much." I was livid and he was the unfortunate victim of my fury. The fact that he was hot did not lessen my fury but it did please my eyes.

After about two minutes of struggling to get up I finally gave up and took his hand. As I did I got electrocuted. You know the kind of shock you get when someone rubs their feet on a carpet then touches you, it felt like that. "Wow, first you burn me with coffee now you try to electrocute me, real nice buddy." He didn't answer me this time only pulled me up and wrapped his arms around me. I tried pushing him off but his arms only tightened. I saw Joe coming out from behind the counter to help me. Before he could reach me I freed my one hand and punched Mr. mysterious straight in the jaw. His arms loosened and I could escape but not before I heard him growl.

Freaked out I ran to my car and started the engine. It wouldn't start. Shit! I heard the bell of the shop door chime and I already knew who it was. His footsteps were getting nearer by the second and the damn car wouldn't start. I heard tapping on my window and at the same time the car finally started. I reversed out and then sped away watching him in the rear view mirror looking livid and his eyes oh my they looked black.

I got home and threw the milk in the fridge, stormed past my sister and climbed into bed hoping to wake up and that it was all a dream.

That night I was restless, I kept tossing and turning and eventually gave up. I got up and went to my door. As I passed the mirror I caught a glimpse of myself. Brown hair and lean build, brown eyes and a sharp nose. This was me. Poor happy go lucky me.

I went down the stairs careful not to step on the third step from the top as it is ridiculously creaky and went to the kitchen. Our kitchen was rather small since we live in a three bedroom townhouse. There was an island counter which had the stove on top, then there was the fridge, dishwasher and basin on the other counters. A window was above the basin. 

Opening the fridge I was momentarily blinded by the fridge light. My eyes adjusted and I reached for the milk and some strawberries. Pouring my milk in a glass and taking a strawberry out of the bag and placing it in my mouth I head to the island seats. I slide on a seat and turn towards the counter, a magazine of the newest fashion trends was also there along with some bills.

When I finished my glass of milk I put the jug back into the fridge along with the strawberries and closed the door. I placed my glass in the sink and just stared out the window. What happened tonight? Who was that guy? What did he want with me? These questions plagued my mind until I finally decided to go back upstairs. Outside the window two yellow orbs were outside. Ignoring them I just went back to bed. 

Laying my head down on the pillow I started to lull back to sleep until something hit me. Those were not orbs, they were eyes.

A/N

Hey guys! Thank you for choosing my story to read and if you likes it be sure to vote, comment or follow me. Also, if you want to make a trailer or banner for the book you are more than welcome to just PM me a link to it when you are done.

Till next time 

Ciao