Chapter 13

Annabeth's POV.

I roamed down the school hallways off to math. Ms. Dodds apparently didn't have anything in stored for us today, so it was free time. Sometimes Ms. Dodds surprises me with her kindness. Usually she's cold hearted.

Percy didn't come to school today, rumors has it that he was in an accident. As soon as I heard this I felt relief, but also worried. I mean I'm probably going to visit him, and I care for him, but at least he didn't stand me up.

I turned my seat towards Piper who was sitting next to me.

"Okay Piper, I want to ask you a question." I told her. She raised an eyebrow at me and looked at me wearily.

"Ask away." She said. I pursed my lips.

"Okay so do you know what happened to Percy?" I asked. Her face darkened and turned away.

"He's in the hospital. He got in a motorcycle accident." She informed me. I looked down guilty. If I hadn't forced him in taking me to go the dance(even though he owed me)he wouldn't have gotten in a motorcycle accident.

"Okay thank you." I said. She smiled at me.

"Yeah, well let's just hope that he gets better." She said. I nodded.

Music class

"Okay students, settle down for a bit." Mr. Johnson said. The class lowered their voices and began to listen to the teacher. He was a middle age man and he was very tall. He wasn't as strict, but a very firm teacher.

"So we're going to have a little event here are school. We're having a talent show. Now basically there will be a top to finalist. And they will go head to head and compete for the prize. Now you'll have to wait until the talent show until you know what prize it is." Mr. Johnson informed us.

Everybody excitedly turned and talked to each other about what they were going to do or what they were going to wear. I wasn't worried because these kind of events are not my thing.

"This is so going to be exciting." Katie squealed beside me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Not really." I said. She gave me a horrified look.

"Um, excuse me? How can you say that? This is event is going to be the most amazing and important event of the year. You have to be at least a little bit happy." She said. I shook my head.

"I don't really get the point of it. And besides, this kind of thing isn't...well my kind of thing." I said. She shook her head.

"I can't believe this." She muttered. I looked over to the teacher as he continued to talk.

"Auditions will be held next Thursday at 4. Be prepared, and remember, only 30 contestants will be selected. Class dismissed. Have a good Monday." He said and we all exited the classroom.

Home (Clarisse's house)

I played down on Clarisse's bed while eating potato chips. Clarisse was currently typing away on her laptop. It was a chill afternoon. That was until I suddenly remembered that I should go visit Percy. I quickly took my phone and called Piper. I had her number when we used to be friends.

"Hello?" She said. I took a deep breath.

"Piper what hospital is Percy in?" I asked. Clarisse looked at me with concern.

"Uh, yeah he's in..." She told me.

"Okay, thank you so much." I said and hanged up.

"Do you mind driving me to the hospital?" I asked. She shrugged.

"Sure, why not." She said and took her jacket and car keys. We went down the stairs and outside. We hopped inside her car and drove off. When we got there she dropped me off.

"I'll walk." I said.

"Annabeth, that's a far walk from here. Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I just want to be alone for a while." I said. She nodded and took off.

I walked up to the building and entered. I walked to the girl at the front desk.

"Hello can I please see Percy Jackson. I'm a...friend of his." I said. She told me the directions to his room and I followed it. When I came inside I found him fast asleep. Wires were hung up all around him.

I slowly walked next to him. I sat down and began to stroke his hair.

"Please wake up." I whispered. I stayed quiet and watched him. I guess I should had left because it was getting late. I left the hospital and began my walk down.

Deep down inside, I know that he will be okay.