• funerals and together forever •

• chapter twenty five •

(A/N: Hope you guys like this chapter :) I think I cried while writing this :'( )

==============================================================================

Lia jolted awake, her father and mother's hands pressing onto her shoulders to calm her.

She shrugged them away, frowning, and ignoring the pounding ache coursing through her bandaged head.

"I'll get the doctor" her mother offered, hopping out of her chair and out the door.

Lia groaned, feeling a thick bandage wrapped around her head. Her fingers danced around the bandage, feeling dried blood crusted around the back where she had bled when she had fainted.

"The doctor estimated that you would be able to leave tomorrow after a couple of tests" Lia's father gruffly informed her, leaning back into the chair.

Memories of last night flashed through her mind, more tears falling from her eyes as she remembered the lynching done to Kelly and Jared -- the boys brutally killed.

"What's wrong, sweetie? Is it hurting?" her father grew frantic as sobs fell from her mouth, shaking violently.

"Where's Jared!? Kelly!? Are they okay?" Lia shouted through her sobs and cries, having to gasp for breath from crying so hard.

The doctor came bursting in, a young women with platinum blonde hair and wide eyes swirling with concern. "Honey, I'm going to need you to calm down and explain to me why you are crying. I have some pain killers if you want them" the doctor instructed gently, pushing her parents out the door.

Lia fell onto the doctor limply, the tears soaking the white lab coat, the stale smell of hospital filling her nose.

"What's wrong?" she cooed, soothingly weaving her fingers through the matted hair of the crying teen.

"Ja-Jared. K-Ke-Kelly. Th-the boy-boys" she shakily chocked out, shoving herself away from the doctor and trying to tear away the IV tube.

"Get me out! I need to see them! Where are they!?" Lia barked, struggling to undo the tube on her wrist.

The doctor pried her shaky fingers away from the IV tube, stuffing sleeping pills into her mouth. Lia swallowed them and minutes later, she was dead asleep.

She sighed sadly, stroking Lia's face that was dried with tears, a heart broken expression settled over her sleeping face. "They didn't make it, Lia" the doctor whispered before tucking the girl in and leaving.

==

A day later, Lia was biting back tears as she slid a black dress over her skinny body.

Her eyes were wide and innocent with sadness swimming in them, a permanent frown on her pink lips. Lia's once toned body was scrawny with her ribs poking out, her elbows pointy, and knobby knees.

Jared and his family was the ultimate source of her happiness and that happiness was taken away from her by someone. A murderer.

She clenched her fists tightly, slamming her fists onto the vanity, her shoulders slumping as a single tear slid down her cheek.

Her parents were outraged when Lia had asked to go to Jared and his family's funeral, the answer no.

Lia begged and pleaded until she promised something. Promised that she would forget about Jared and his family. They agreed.

She knew that was a lie. They didn't know what she would be doing after.

A harsh knock rapped at her bedroom door and she brushed the tears off of her face, pulling a black blazer on and silently following her parents to the sleek limo waiting outside for them.