(OLD) Chapter 5

I was in a meadow. But it felt dark and empty. The clouds started to roll in fast. No combee buzzed around, no pidgey played in the field, and no sun shined. Only clouds enriched the meadow in darkness. I walked around. The flowers started to droop dead, and the tree leaves crumbled into dust. Snow started to fall, but it saw still only fall. The ground soon turned black from all of the dead flowers and the snow make its seem as if there was no care in the world. I could feel as if there was something that had no love, no one to care, and no heart. I could slowly feel my heart turn to ice and shatter. It was painful for only a moment, but then everything stopped.

Forget

I shot up in fear. I have never had a nightmare like that. It seemed so real. The snow, the meadow, and the pain. After that I know I couldn't get back to sleep. It was still night. I remembered and looked around. Flora was not back. I carefully walked out into the kitchen. Chili was sitting down heating up the house.

"Hey Eevee." Chili was still heating up the house and watching the entrance even though he was talking to me.

"Hey Chili..."

"So Crystal told me that she was going to take you to the mountains."

"Hm? Oh yea. She is... Um, Chili?"

"Yea?"

"What are you doing exactly?"

"Well Mom and Moonlight have been outside for hours now looking for Flora, so I'm waiting for them to come back. That and snow is starting to come. I've been heating up the house so no one gets cold."

I sigh. Flora is really stubborn and sometimes just doesn't care. I wouldn't be surprised if she went past the mountain. She once made it half way up, but got attacked by an Ursaring. Mom saved her and she promised to stay in the territory, unless she was mad. I could feel the wind blow in the house, but sitting by Chili warmed me up immediately.

"Hey. Why don't you go up and see what time it is." Chili notioned me to go through the tunnel that led up to the forest up above. I carefully fluffed up my fur and walked up the small tunnel. I could feel small little snowflakes gently fell against my nose and fur. The clouds were covering the sky, but the clouds seemed really bright, so I assumed that it was just after dawn.

Something caught my eye though. Crystal was standing out in the middle of the forest. Her tail was spiked up and snow was swirling all around her. Zap was throwing electro balls at Crystal, but her snow storm that surrounded her just gathered them up and threw them back at Zap. Zap was still too quick for Crystal. He dodged left and right over and over again. Zap then just stood still in awe as Crystal wipped up all of the snow that swirled around her. The once gleaming crystal like snowflakes soon became chunks of heavy stone like sheets of snow and ice. The forest trees that were covered in frost soon became bare as they all gathered into the snowballs that floated above Crystal. Her eyes gleamed white and she hurrled the snow-chunks at Zap.

'Avalanche'

Zap started to run in every direction possible to avoid the chunks of snow, but as he made a too quick of a turn he slipped on ice, making him and easy target. Crystal sent the biggest snow ball straight at Zap, covering him head to toe in snow. For a couple seconds he didn't come up, but he soon popped his head up as a sign of him being okay. The snow that once was falling almost as fast as Zap, soon slowed down a stopped completely. The sky cleared up to prove my prediction was true.

The sun looked as if it was still only a couple of minutes after sun-rise. The sun soon melted some parts of the snow on the luscious trees, but the wind was cool, of course meaning that winter was soon near. Zap was almost white with snow, but you could at least see his yellow spikes of fur pop out of the snow.