5

"Laura!" I heard a voice yell from behind me. "Wait up." 

"Hi Nick," I say looking at who it was. "What's up."

"The girls, Bailey and I were going to go to the shopping center after school today." He said looking at me expectantly. "Want to come?" 

"Uh, sure. Why not," I replied smiling at him.

"Ok, great! See you at Lunch," He walked to his locker. 

"Laura!" Another voice called from behind me. "Hey."

"Hey," I turned around to see Jennifer's smiling face down the hallway. 

"What subject have you got now?" She said smiling. 

"Uh, Sport," I looked at my timetable. "With Mr Arthur."

"No way!" She said her smile growing. "Same!" 

We both laughed at her excitement. 

---------_____________-------------------_____________-----------------------_________

"You know, the sport uniform actually looks good on you," Jennifer said smiling at me.

"Thank you," I curtsied in a posh way "You look good in it as well." 

"No way!" Jennifer exclaimed turning the other direction.

"What?" I asked looking around.

"Jarred 3 o'clock," Jennifer whisper-shouted. "Shit, he's coming this way." 

"Laura!" I heard a voice from behind me. "Hey."

I turned around. "Hey Jarred." 

"You book," He smiled. "I found it in the corridor. 

I looked at the book in Jarred and snatched it from him. My Diary

"Oh, thanks," I said starring at the book. "You didn't read it? Did you?" 

"I may have read a couple of pages." He said smirking at me. 

"UGH," I whispered hiding my face in my hands, so he wouldn't see it go red. 

"I wouldn't have given it back without reading it," He smirked walking away. 

I turned around facing Jennifer.  

"Oh, my, goodness," she squealed, jumping up and down. "He totally read it all."

"F*ck my life. F*ck it all," I mumbled shoving the diary into my bag. 

"He's in this class!" she squealed ignoring what I had said.

"Ok, class! I'm not one to carry these introductions too long! So if you listen you listen, if you don't. Suck it up and copy someone around you." Mr Arthur began to yell. 

Jennifer and I walked over to where Mr Arthur was. 

"Today! We are running. I need to know who to put into the athletics team! So you you don't want to run. Yes, i'm looking at you Miss McCarthy. You will not pass this subject." 

Oh yeah. Ava McCarthy. Here's the Cliche coming in. The schools 'Queen Bee'. 

"Girls on the left! Boys on the right!" 

All the girls ran to the left and stood in lines of four one behind another. I stood in the last row with Jennifer and two other girls, who I didn't know the name of. 

------------__________________----------------------___________________------------------

"Okay, last row get ready!" Mr Arthur yelled. 

Shit! It's my turn already. I haven't run in ages, what if i'm slow.  

"On your marks!" Mr Arthur began. 

The butterflies in my stomach began growing.

"Get, set!"

Shit.

"Ready!"

I'm dead.

"Go!" Mr Arthur yelled. 

I took of and ran as fast as I could. I could see no one in front of me, which meant I was in the lead. This tan girl with dark hair began gaining speed, but i'm not that easy to take over. I convinced my legs to move faster and I crossed the line. 

Oh my god! I won! The last time I ran was in year 8. Which was ages ago. I bent over in attempt to catch my breath.

"Miss Laura Myers," Mr Arthur walked over to me. "What was that?"

"Sorry, Sir?" I asked confused.

"That, was, amazing!" He exclaimed. "Your speed was 10.52 seconds for 100 meters. Which was faster than all of our girls and most of our boys."

"Thank you sir," I managed to puff out.

"With a little more training, you will be the best runner in the whole school," He said writing something on his notepad. "What do you say? Come to Athletics training?"

"Um, sure." I said nervously. 

"Ok, great. Friday. Straight after school."

"YOU! ARE! SO! BLOODY FAST!" Jennifer yelled in my ear when I came and sat down next to her. 

I rubbed the ear she yelled in. "OUCH!" I yelled back in her ear. 

"Girls!" Mr Arthur turned to face us. We smiled sheepishly at him. 

I looked over at Jarred. He was smirking at me. 

"What?" I mouthed at him.

He simply just shook his head and turned back around to the teacher

------------______________----------------------______________------------------________

"What do you bloody want," I demanded walking over to Jarred, who was talking to one of his friends, who I believe is Caleb, one of the twins. 

"What?" He said turning to face me. 

"You've been giving me these, these, looks all lesson," I crossed my arms. "Can you tell me what the hell you want?" 

He let out a short amused laugh. "I didn't want anything."

"Okay?" I uncross my arms and put them on my hips.

"I was actually wondering. Did you want to go to the shopping center after school today?" He scratched the back of his head.

"Uh, I was actually going to go with my friends."

"Oh ok."

"How about, i'll see you there," I say taking my hands of my hips.

"Uh, sure," He said turning back around to face Caleb. 

------------________________-----------------------___________________-------

Heyyyy

Do you think that Jarred likes Laura? Or is he just being a player? 

Until next time 

BYYYEEEEEEEE