"it's cliché... but, alright..."

***

We got to the biology room, "oh, Sam! Your alright! Gina said you were in the hospital!" Mrs. Phelps said, "no, she over exaggerated, it was just a bit of a cold. Same one from late year." She sighed, "right, so, there's a biology project, I paired you with the two new boys in our class, I hope you don't mind. They could need some help going. Seems like your already friends with one." She said, I turned to David. "Yes. Was there anything else?" She shook her head, I nodded and smiled, "see you third!" I called and walked out hearing David follow, "I have to go to history." I said and he smiled, "as do I Sweetheart." "Are you just following me or is it actually on your paper?" I joked, "well Sweetheart, I could follow you around if you like." I raised my eyebrow, "no, Gina would kill me. Talk to her or something..." I thought about Gina... I wonder if she's alright... I hope not too drunk... we got to our history class and Mr. Matson was sleeping at his desk, I smiled slightly, that new baby of his has kept him up to no end. I tapped on the desk and he woke up. "Sorry for interrupting, sir. But I was wondering what we did the days I was gone." He yawned, "oh, don't worry, you've already done it, it was the extra work you asked for. It's already graded. Don't worry so much Sam, nothing good comes from it." He said and I nodded, "I will, thanks Mr. Matson." He nodded and fell back asleep.

***

"I'll see you in Biology, yeah?" She said, already looking tiered. "Well, depending, Sweetheart, what's your first period?" I asked, smiling at her, "Maths." I smiled and looped my hand over her shoulders, keeping her close. She blushed, "let's get going then." I said and began to walk to our class. She squirmed out of my grasp and stayed about a foot and a half away from me. "What's wrong? Not like being touched?" She shrugged, "well, rather not by people I barely know." She said, "well, we could get to know each other." She raised her eyebrow, looking forward all the way, "what? Like twenty questions?" I chuckled, "yeah," "it's cliché... but, alright... how... long have you lived in Washington?" I chuckled, "all my life." I said, getting a bit closer to her, "diddo." She said with an unamused voice. "Is that your natural colour?" She lightly touched her hair, in the sun it simmered red, brown, black, and gold, "yeah... yours?" I nodded, "so, how come you didn't come to school until now? Where you homeschooled?" She asked as she reached for the door handle but I got it before her, she touched my hand lightly, but yanked back as if my hand was fire. "Yeah...? What was that all about?" She blushed and scratched her cheek lightly, "nothing... thank you." She said and walked through the now open door. She sat down and I sat next to her. "Really? Nothing? Tell me the actual reason." She looked around, seeing no one else but us. "I... I'll tell you once I know you more. A couple of days you'll forget and I can tell you." She said and twirled a lock of her bangs that hid her face from me. She looked up to the board, we were front row. Soon the bell rang and the teacher came rushing in. Along with a few students. Sam took out a pair of black thick rimmed glasses, it made my heart throb when I saw her in those. A piece of paper hit her shoulder, I whipped around and saw a boy looking at her, she slowly picked it up, not causing any attention to herself and opened it slowly, (where's your whore friend today?) It read. She crumpled it up and stood up slowly, walking over to the garbage can, trodding on his foot. He yelped in pain but she just smiled slightly, it was a dark grin that told me she was protective over her friend, Gina. I heard many girls giggle and they walked over to me and flirted with me, "hi, I'm Jane." I nodded, "David." She glared over to Sam, who didn't do anything. "So, I was wondering, I'm sitting back there if you want to get to know me better." I smiled, "sorry, but I much prefer the front, so I can see the board." I said smoothly. Jane tapped in front of Sam, "could you move?" She asked, "nope. Otherwise I can't see the board. Seating chart Jane, would if I could." Sam said, the bell rung and everyone rushed to their seats. Sam gave a small satisfied smile when she heard the sound of annoyance coming from the back.