Chapter Thirty- Six: Bringing Ella Home

Joe grinned as he got out of his Range Rover outside the hospital and walked inside trying to ignore the paparazzi. He couldn't wait to bring his daughter home; he had two weeks off and he couldn't wait.

Joe bounced on his toes as he stood in the elevator waiting for it to reach the third floor as he thought about Ella. She was already so beautiful and had gotten Joe's green eyes and blonde hair much to the annoyance of her mother.

Leaving the elevator, Joe walked down the corridor and into his wife's hospital room where he saw her walking out of the bathroom in her dressing gown.

"Morning," Joe smiled as he walked into the room and looked at his daughters crib making his smile even wider.

He had been sent home last night when his wife demanded that he go to his last training session before his paternity leave kicked in.

"Morning," Isabelle smiled as she kissed him as he hugged her close before looking down at her and smiling.

"She's beautiful," Joe whispered as he smiled at her sleeping form before looking back at his wife who nodded and smiled.

"She is," Isabelle smiled kissing him again before moving to get dressed and dry her hair so they could get going as soon as possible.

"Can you change her nappy and put that outfit on her please?" Isabelle asked making Joe smile and nod as he moved the blankets away so he could set Ella down on the flat surface.

Joe couldn't believe he had become a father to such a beautiful little girl just two days ago and he was sure everything would be okay now.

***

Joe and Isabelle smiled at a few of the nurses as they left the hospital. They had all been so helpful while they were here and the nurses hated to see the family go; they were the nicest they had dealt with.

Isabelle took a deep breath looking at her and Joe's bodyguards outside trying to move the press away from their car so they could get their daughter in and home safely.

"It's okay," Joe whispered as he gently squeezed her hand and kissed the top of her head.

Isabelle nodded her head as they moved towards the exit and quickly moved towards the car as the paparazzi started shouting questions making Ella start to cry.

Joe glared at them as he got his daughter in before allowing his wife get in and strap her in place before he started the car and drove off.

***

Isabelle smiled as she walked into the living room watching Joe with their daughter. She loved seeing them together and they'd only have a small amount of time alone before everyone arrived to meet the newborn properly.

Koda looked up at Joe and the small bundle in his arms from his spot next to Isabelle, wondering what it was.

"Come on then," Isabelle smiled as Joe handed Ella back to her mother who sat on the couch before taking Koda in his arms and sitting beside his wife.

"Koda, this is Ella," Joe introduced softly as they allowed the puppy to sniff the little girl before he set his head on top of the blanket where her legs are.

Isabelle and Joe smiled at the puppy knowing he'd be just fine with the little girl around the house and they hoped Ella would be okay with him when she's old enough.

***

"She's gorgeous," Brad smiled as he looked down at his niece. He knew he was only twenty years old but he'd be taking the little girl out whenever he wasn't touring.

"She looks more like Joe though," James McVey said making Connor Ball and Tristan Evans nod in agreement as Isabelle rolled her eyes and moved to make tea for everyone.

Isabelle stopped just before she entered the kitchen listening to Joe talking to his sister who had shown up uninvited.

"She's going to leave," Chloe mused making Isabelle frown knowing she would never walk away from Joe and Ella; but what Joe said next shocked her.

"Maybe you're right," Joe said making Isabelle bite her lip to hold back her tears as she quickly but quietly darted towards the stairs.

***

Joe shook his head listening to his sister complaining about Isabelle. He knew she'd never walk away and he wouldn't leave her even if she wanted to.

"Maybe you're right... but I'm certain that you're wrong, now get out of my house," Joe spat as he pushed himself off the table leaving Chloe there in shock.

Joe couldn't believe what his sister was saying about his wife but he didn't want anything upsetting her right now; tent had Ella to worry about.