Chapter Nineteen: The Last Straw

Joe grinned as he returned home from the final training session before the team broke for the Christmas break and he couldn't wait to relax with his fiancée.

"Belle? I'm home," Joe called as he set down his things and shrugged off his coat; it was freezing outside and he was glad his fiancée had the fire going.

Joe smiled watching Isabelle walk out of the kitchen and walk towards him before kissing his lips. He grinned and hugged her close before letting her go.

"I'm making tea, do you want something?" Isabelle asked making Joe nod as he followed her into the kitchen and started making his coffee.

"How was training?" Isabelle asked as she looked at the snow that had started to fall. Christmas was her favourite time of year and she couldn't wait for her first Christmas with Joe.

"Cold," Joe mumbled as he watched his fiancée cut the cake she had made earlier today while he had been training and she was bored.

"Can you make my tea? I'll get the door," Isabelle said making Joe nod as someone continued to knock on the door. Joe watched her leave before he heard two voices; one was getting louder.

"Jenna what are you doing here?" Joe asked as he walked out of the kitchen and looked at the blonde who smiled at him and tried to get into the house but Isabelle put her arm across the door stopping her from going anywhere.

"I am sick of you trying to ruin everything. Joe is done with you and he has been since he dumped you last year and who was it he dumped you for? Oh yeah... me!" Isabelle said angrily making Joe bite back a smile as he watched Jenna's face fall.

"He was only with you to help your little brat and now that she's gone he'll leave too," Jenna mused with a smile as she looked at Joe who was shaking his head.

"That's funny because my daughter has been dead for nine months and look, Joe's still here so why don't you just give up and stop being the desperate slut that you are," Isabelle said before slamming the door and locking it before turning to Joe who was grinning.

"Looks like I'm marrying a feisty one," Joe said as he kissed her softly while holding her close to his body; he liked that she had stood up to Jenna.

"I'm just sick of her and Chris and Chloe trying to ruin it for us," Isabelle murmured as she cuddled into his arms and kissed his lips softly.

"They can't ruin anything if we don't let them," Joe mused knowing he'd never let anyone take Isabelle from him. They're getting married and people would just have to accept that.

"I love you," Isabelle said making Joe smile at her and kiss her lips again before leading her back into the kitchen and continuing what they were doing.

"I love you more than you'll ever know," Joe said as he kissed her cheek and walked passed her to get the plates before walking into the living room.

Isabelle smiled watching him go, she had been lucky to get him and she knew she'd never be able to let him go.

***

"Any further plans?" Mary asked through the phone as Isabelle folded her and Joe's clothes and put them into separate piles.

"No... I've got a date booked for dress shopping though but Allison won't be here by then so I'll just have one made in her size," Isabelle said as she started putting Joe's things away.

"That's good... you know she wishes she could be here she's just tied up with work," Mary said making her daughter nod though she couldn't see her.

Tom and Brad are both part of successful bands and are busy with touring but she can't wait to see them when they get back.

"Their both coming to the wedding, I got their responses a little while back. Tom is bring his wife and son and Brad is bringing his friends," Isabelle said making her mother squeal excitedly.

None of the family had met Tom's son and they all couldn't wait to see him when they arrived for the wedding.

Isabelle smiled as Joe walked into the room and lay down on the bed. He looked tired and Isabelle is hoping he'd get more sleep now that the season in on a break.