Chapter Seventeen: The Sister

"It's so damn cold," Isabelle murmured as she stepped into the house. It's the middle of November and the couple are getting their Christmas shopping done so they won't have to worry about it later.

Isabelle stopped when she saw Joe standing in front of her looking slightly frightened; the last time she had seen him like this was when she had been attacked.

"Is everything okay?" Isabelle asked as she hung up her coat and looked at Joe. She was wondering if he was going to say what she thought he was going to say.

"My sister is here, I'm sorry," Joe whispered making his fiancée look up at him wondering what she had missed; his sister couldn't be that bad.

"What's wrong with that?" Isabelle asked as Joe wrapped his arms around her and hugged her close to his body.

"Oh, so this is it," Chloe Hart said as she stepped out of the living room and eyes the brunette wondering why she was still with her brother; she had surely gotten what she wanted.

"Chloe," Joe warned knowing his fiancée was sick of being walked on by people and it wouldn't be long before she snapped but he couldn't blame her.

"Joe why can't you see that she's using you for your money and once she gets what she wants she'll leave," Chloe said making Isabelle stare at her wide eyed.

"I'm not using Joe for anything. I'm with him because I love him," Isabelle protested as Joe held her tightly not wanting her to be upset about his older sister.

Joe whispered soothing words in her ear while glaring at his sister who was staring at the brunette amused.

"I really don't know what he sees in you," Chloe said making Joe glare at her as he pushed his fiancée upstairs so he could deal with his sister alone.

***

"Belle?" Joe whispered as he walked into the bedroom and looked at his fiancée who was on the bed with a pen and what looked like invitations.

He was glad to see that she wasn't crying over Chloe. He knew she had done too much crying and was sick of it.

"I'm sorry love, she's an idiot anyway," Joe said trying to make his fiancée feel better. She didn't deserve to be upset over what his sister said and he knew she wouldn't be invited anywhere.

"Joe I'm fine, come sign the invitations with me," Isabelle said as she nodded to his pile of invites. She knew some of the guests he wanted to bring but not all of them.

Joe smiled as he sat down beside his fiancée and took some of the invitations and started writing down the a end of people he wanted to invite to the wedding.

Isabelle watched Joe from the corner of her eye with a smile on her face. She was happy that he was just as excited for the wedding as she was and they both knew it wouldn't be long coming around.

***

Rolling her wrist slightly, Isabelle sighed in relief the minute she had sealed the final invitation; the had been at it for four and a half hours.

Joe groaned and lay back on the bed, he couldn't believe how long they had been signing for and he was glad it was over.

"Joe," Isabelle said making the footballer turn on his side but keep his eyes closed not wanting to open them yet.

Joe hummed in response wondering what was wrong and he was hoping they hadn't done the invitations wrong; he didn't want to do it all over again.

"I don't see any for Chloe in your family stack," Isabelle said making Joe nod as he opened his eyes and sat up while looking at his fiancée.

"That's because there is none for her, I wasn't going to invite her anyway since I knew she'd cause trouble," Joe said as he moved to kiss his fiancées neck.

"Joe," Isabelle started but was quickly cut off by her fiancé as he kissed her lips and got off the bed while looking around for his wallet.

"What do you want for dinner?" Joe asked making Isabelle roll her eyes and look up at him; she wanted to talk to him about his sister but she knew he wouldn't stop.

"Wagamamas please," Isabelle said making Joe nod as he kissed her again before leaving her alone while he went to get their dinner.

Joe knew his fiancée wanted to talk to her about his sister but he couldn't care less about Chloe; she wasn't coming to the wedding and that was the end of it.