Chapter Thirty- Nine: Happy Anniversary

Joe smiled pressing his lips to his wife's neck as he cuddled her close to his body.

He couldn't believe they had been married for a year and in that year they'd had their ups and their downs but Ella was definitely their biggest up.

"Happy anniversary," Joe whispered making Isabelle grin as she turned around and cuddled into Joe's chest.

She pressed her lips to Joe's while wrapping her arms around his neck making Joe smile.

"Happy anniversary," Isabelle smiled as he kissed his lips eagerly while hugging her husband close.

It had been a year since one of the best days of their lives and they couldn't wait to spend the day together.

***

Joe smiled watching his almost five month old daughter in her float chair as her little hands splashed in the water.

Peeking back at his wife, Joe grinned watching her reading her book. Isabelle looked so relaxed and Joe loved seeing her like this especially with what happened with Chloe over the last few months.

"You coming in?" Joe asked as he looked up at his wife taking hold of their daughters chair so she didn't go too far from her father.

Ella was the most important person in their lives and they were so happy she was okay.

Melanie was only her age when the cancer started to develop; Isabelle didn't want to lose two of her daughters.

Ella was healthy so far and the doctors had reassured the parents that the cancer wasn't from Isabelle's side so they were hopeful Ella would be okay.

Isabelle rolled her eyes at Joe's pleading eyes and set down her book before slipping into the pool beside her daughter and husband.

Joe grinned holding her close for a moment. The private pool on the top floor of the hotel was quiet and the family were enjoying some alone time before they had to go for dinner.

"I have a babysitter organised for the night," Joe mused as he kissed his wife before looking at their daughter.

The parents haven't had alone time in awhile and their anniversary seemed like the right time to be alone for a night.

Isabelle nodded her head not moving to question Joe. She knew how much their daughter meant to him and he'd never let someone he didn't trust watch her.

Isabelle grinned as Ella smiled up at her parents before returning to splashing her little hands in the water making her parents smile.

***

"You look gorgeous," Joe smiled watching his wife walk out of their bedroom and towards him.

Isabelle was with the babysitter for the night and they'd get her back tomorrow but tonight was all about them.

Isabelle smiled as she brushed her hands against the white and black lace dress she had bought especially for their anniversary.

"You look handsome," Isabelle smiled kissing her husband softly before moving to fix his black tie.

Joe grinned as he watched her before pressing another kiss to her lips knowing they had to go soon if they wanted to make their reservations.

***

Isabelle smiled watching Joe laughing at what she had just said. It wasn't often she saw him like this and she wished she could see it a lot more.

"How many kids do you want?" Isabelle asked as she sipped on her red wine and let her brown eyes flicker to her husbands green ones.

"Two or three," Joe mused making Isabelle smile softly wanting the exact same.

She knew they'd have more children once Ella was old enough and she wanted to keep her kids close in age just like her and her brothers.

Joe grinned as they started talking about their possible future children. He hoped everything would go well with their future children and he didn't want anything happening to them.

\\\

Only one chapter left x