Chapter 16 - Back To Reality Part 2

I'm back!! Well it's hardly gonna be anyone else come to think of it. Unless I got hacked by an evil mastermind criminal dog or something like that...

Sorry short chapter :D

********************************

I yawned. It had been a long morning and I was now sitting in art, finally. For some unknown reason, Cole had been moved into my class, most likely for doing something bad like frying crickets with a magnifying glass in his previous lesson; I've found him to be a rather violent person, although he is a good artist. Our teacher, Miss Perkins was quite young and let us talk, not like some of those ones who try to kill you with their eyes of you so much as move.

I saw Cole over by the corner where I had sent him to get paints as I'm too lazy to get them myself. But hey, what are friends for right? Surprise, surprise I had got a lot of death stares from people, almost all annoying, fake girls, like the one from the cafe this morning, most probably from me sitting with Cole. Christ do these people have no life or do they just enjoy staring at people because to be honest it's kinda creepy. I noticed one girl glaring at the side of my head, obviously thinking I couldn't see her. Now the really funny thing to do would be to paint my face like a clown and slowly turn to stare at her, but that would take too long and I don't have enough paint. Dammit. I faced her anyway and gave a manic wave. She quickly jumped and looked back down at her paper. Jealous ostrich. God it's not like I'm with him. I'm just sitting next to him.

"Took you long enough." I said as Cole sat down with a palette of yellows and greens.

"Hey! You could of always gone and got it yourself." He muttered. Yeah right.

"That's funny." I said, chuckling.

***

After school was when I said I was going to go shopping with Julie. Dear god. I was waiting outside the school doors on the steps. Maybe if I made a run for it now...

"Don't even think about it." Her voice said from behind me. Argh so close.

"Think about what?" I said innocently, turning around. She was walking out with Drew behind her. I raised my eyebrows.

"He got on my nerves during free period so he's coming with us." She stated.

"I literally don't have a choice." He sighed.

"That's true. If you don't come I will rip off your balls and feed them to my dog." She said. Drew's eyes widened.

I rolled my eyes as we started walking towards my car. "You don't have a dog," I whispered to Julie.

"So? He doesn't need to know that." She replied.

We arrived at the mall about twenty minutes later. "You know," I said, "I've never been to a mall before."

"What?!" Drew said.

"We don't really have them in England. I mean we have Shopping Centres, but they're not called malls and not many of them, plus I didn't like them that much, they were too busy. We mainly went to normal, individual shops." I explained.

Drew was about to say something else, but was cut off by Julie's squeals of excitement. "I didn't know there was a pet store here!" She yelped. God she was loud sometimes.

"Um yay?" Drew sounded less than enthused.

"Don't be so rude," she hit him over the head. "I wonder if they sell chickens..."

"Well I have a feeling you'll be spending a lot of time in there, I'll wait in the food court." Drew said, smiling.

"I'll join you." I agreed. I'm pretty certain she would have put up a fight but she looked too intrigued in the shop front to notice us slip away.

"See ya later alligator!" Drew called over his shoulder as we backed off.

Forty minutes later we were sitting in the food court, both eating a huge slice of cheesecake.

"She is so gonna kill us." I said as I shovelled more into my mouth.

"I wonder what she's doing. God I hope she didn't buy anything." He muttered, shaking his head with a smile on his face.

All of a sudden my water was flung across the table, straight into Drew's lap. I snorted with laughter, almost choking on my cheesecake at his look of surprise as it landed in his pants, probably due to the fact that it had ice in it. A lot of ice.

I looked up to the culprit of this terrible crime to see a blonde girl with about fifty plastic food bags in her hands, her face seemed to match the look of horror on Drew's. "Ohmygodimsosorry!" She said. I vaguely recognised her, she went to our school and I'm sure she was in my art class or something.

"It's-" Drew started, but was cut off by Blonde Girl's rambling.

"I swear it was an accident, it's just I needed to go and get some food while my brothers went to look for some video game in that store overt there somewhere and I guess I was just carrying too many and one of them then must of just knocked the cup I'm so so sorry it was a complete accident I didn't mean to do it - wait no I've already said this - and now I'm rambling. Please don't kill me." She finally finished, biting her lip and pushing her hair away from her.

Well. That was.... Quick. I didn't even know it was possible to speak that fast. I smiled at her, she seemed sweet.

When no one said anything for a moment, she took that as her cue to continue. "I'm sure I have some tissues in here anyway..." She said, putting one of the bags on the table (narrowly missing my cheesecake, may I add) and rummaging through it, pulling out many things at a time, "here we go! She said, pulling out a pack of Kleenex. Huh. Scented. I like her already. She squatted down and started dabbing around his damp patch on his pants. Drew almost jumped out of his seat, eyes wide.

"Uhh- you know... I think it uh I-I..." He rambled.

"No, no it's okay, I've got it." She said, drying around his crotch area. A few things had fallen out her bag. Apples, potatoes, a roast chicken, tampons, so- wait what? I quickly slid the tamping back in the bag before Drew could see them and Blonde Girl could get embarrassed. I also noticed some men's shampoo (mango scented by the way) and some razors. Well I say some, there were a lot there.

"How many brothers do you have?" I asked as I looked at the array on the table. Oh great. There's a toothbrush on my cheesecake. I'm not too big a fan of bristle flavour with a minty fresh aftertaste.

"Umm... Seven?" She said, pulling a face as if counting them in her head. This time I did choke on my cheesecake.

"You have a seven brothers?!" Drew asked in shock.

"Um yeah." She said. "All older, and annoying."

I was about to reply when u saw Julie walking towards us, waving.... Holding a goat.

***

I flopped down onto my bed, almost ready to fall asleep instantly. After the security guard can up to Julie, about to ask her to leave as apparently you can't have goats in places where you eat. Unsurprisingly.

I had taken the goat from her, which she had named Pat, apologised to the security guard and taken 'Pat' straight back to the shop. When I came back, she was sulking and Skye had gone. Drew said one of her brothers had appeared and she had to leave. After that, Julie went on a wild shopping spree and now I was so tired and my feet were killing me.

I kicked off my shoes and curled up under the covers. I vaguely remembered about some homework that had been due in for tomorrow. Oh well. Never mind. Who cares about homework anyway...

*********************************

Sorry it's a bit of a filler chapter, but I literally could think of nothing to write. Btw it's Tori's birthday today!! Woooo!!! November 5th. Anyone doing anything? I'm going to a bonfire tomorrow probably.

Anyway, I don't know when next update will be, but I have not gone!