Chapter 5 - Lunch

Picture is Cole

****************************

I woke up the next day in the same bed in Julie and Nicks house. I rolled over to see Julie watching me sleep with an evil grin. I screamed when I saw her, making Nick run into the room with terrible bed hair. When he saw me, his eyes widened.

"What the..." he said.

"What?! What did you do!!" I yelled, panicking. I shot up and rushed to the bathroom. I almost screamed when I saw my hair. "JULIE!!!!" I yelled. A little section of my hair was blue. BLUE! Okay it was only a little bit but still! What the hell!

"What?" She asked innocently. I glared at her.

"Oh calm down." She said, "it comes out after one wash anyway.

"It better do." I muttered, "or I'll set Dyl's cannibal goldfish (who, by the way, I remembered is called Clive) on you. Now get out. I need to shower."

They left the room and I jumped in the shower. I scrubbed my hair as best I could, thankfully the dye was only in a small part and actually looked okay, it was just a bit of a shock at first.

After stepping back out the shower, I rubbed my hair dry and went to see what I had pulled out from Julie's closet last night. Black ripped jeans and a short navy jumper that just went to just below my jeans waistband.

I looked at myself in the mirror. The blue had faded, but was still visible. I sighed. It better come out tonight. I grabbed my backpack and walked downstairs. "Evening." I greeted them.

"Come on." Nick said, "we gotta get going." I picked up my crutches and we got into Nicks car.

***

When we pulled up outside school, I got a few funny looks, mostly because of my crutches I think, but a few may have been because of my hair. I had tried to cover it but it hadn't really worked so I eventually gave up.

My first lesson today was History again, which I had with Nick and the rest of the Miller boys. I sighed as I made my way into the classroom, Nick holding the door open for me because of my crutches.

I sat down at one of the desks and Nick sat down beside me. Mr Walker, the History teacher started the lesson and I began to zone out. I must not forget Dylan tonight! His flight got in at seven so if u got there at 6.45 that left me loads of time.

Suddenly a ball of paper landed on my desk, making me jump out of my daydreams. I opened it out and read through what was written there.

What the hell happened to your hair?!

I turned round to see all the Miller boys smirking at me. (AN I decided to call them the Miller boys because it was too long winded to call them the Miller boys and their friends. So that includes Cole, Drew and Luke.) I glared back at them and scribbled out a reply and threw it back to them making them all laugh. I turned back to the front, even though I had no idea what Mr Walker was talking about.

I took a sharpie out of my pencil case and started to write song lyrics on the back of my hand.

Welcome to my house. Baby take control now.

This lesson was incredibly boring. Probably because I knew nothing about American history but also I was really tired. Then I remembered something I used to do when I was younger if I was bored. I shrugged off my jacked and pulled out a pair of earphones from my bag. Plugging them into my iPod, pressing shuffle and putting them into my pocket. I then threaded them through my sleeve so just the end bit that you put in your ear pokes out the end. I then put my jacket back on, holding the ear bud in my palm and leaning into my hand, I could then hear the music through my earphones without getting caught.