Chapter 3 - Detention

Picture is Aiden

*******************************

After being attacked by the crazy girl, she introduced herself as Julie Birch. I must admit I liked her instantly. If I had to describe her in one word it would be: bonkers.

In some way, everyone seemed a little scared of her, which was quite funny actually. Even the tough looking bad boys at the back of my previous classes looked a little wary of her as she (literally) dragged me into lunch behind her.

I wasn't scared of her though. Most likely because she was a lot like me, except I was harder to break open, but once you cracked my shell, I was totally crazy. We both seemed to share a brain malfunction.

It never seemed to stop us to look over what we were about to say before blurting it straight out. I must admit, I was a little worried I would never meet someone with quite the same problem as me, but it seems I was wrong. Honestly, I don't know how Daniel put up with me for so long.

Julie explained that her mum had remarried a year or so ago and her step brother was from England and so could help me get to grips with American life.

As we got our food, a guy a few tables away waved madly at us. Julie grinned back and walked over.

"Hey Ju," he said, earning a glare from Julie but he just winked at her in return. Then he noticed me standing behind her. "Hi there," he said, smiling. he had a strong London accent and I liked him immediately. Gave me break from all the American ones. "I'm Nick. You're Tori right?"

I nodded in reply and sat down across from him, next to Julie. "Yup. That's me." I said.

"Yeah, I was in your first class. That was a pretty grand entrance you made. Hey what did Mr Hobbs give you detention for?" He asked. Mr Hobbs. I guess I could stop calling him angry tomato face now.

"Whoa whoa whoa! You got detention? Already! And what do you mean by a grand entrance? Spill. Now!" Julie interrupted. I may not have been afraid of her, but I knew not to push her limits, so I explained everything to them, from my alarm clock, right up to when I started talking about leprechauns and got a detention. By the time I was finished, they were practically crying with laughter.

All of a sudden I noticed the five guys from the back of my class walk in with two other younger looking boys who must have been twins. The guy I ran into in the hall looked at me and smirked. I glared back at him. Rude.

"Hey." I nudged Julie. "Who are they?" I asked, motioning over my shoulder at the guys.

Nick groaned. "Oh god. Don't get her started on them please!"

Julie grinned. "Well, those are the Miller boys. Not all of them but four of them are, the other three are their friends. They don't talk to anyone outside of their group and no one tries to talk to them either."

"Why not?" I couldn't help ask.

"They're dangerous. Apparently they've all been in prison at least once, even the twins who are only fifteen." Nick replied.

"But they're still incredibly hot." Julie jumped in making Nick roll his eyes. "The black haired guy in the middle is Aiden Miller and the one next to him is his slightly younger brother Evan Miller." Aiden was the guy I ran into in the hall earlier today. Three of them had black hair but Aiden was the tallest. He must have been about 6.2/6.3.

Evan was also very good looking. He had longish golden hair and a boyish face, but he still managed to look scary.

"The guy with the lip ring is Cole Skye. He's Aiden's closest friend, apart from his brothers." she pointed out another black haired boy who was chatting to Aiden about who knows what. "The one next to him is Drew James." She pointed out a tall guy with short blonde hair and stubble. "He's probably the friendliest of the lot." She continued, "but he's still not very friendly."