Chapter 4 - Prank

Picture is Evan

******************************

I woke up a few hours later. It must have been about 4 in the morning. I groaned as I tried to pull myself up, the memories of earlier flooding back to me. I stopped a scream from escaping my throat as the pain in my shoulder and ankle came back. I tried to lift my left arm but I couldn't move it at all, it must be dislocated. Great. I wasn't strong enough to push it back in, I usually asked Dan to do it.

I moved on to my ankle. It killed. It was probably sprained, but it felt worse than that. I knew it wasn't broken though. Maybe fractured but I hoped not. There was a throbbing pain in my chest and I was sure that at least one of ribs was broken.

Slowly, I pulled myself off the floor and made my way to the bathroom downstairs, making sure to be silent so as not to wake him again.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I had a split lip and a bruise on my jaw line. I lifted up my shirt to see many more purple bruises on my stomach. Great.

I would have to call someone. I couldn't stay here, a hungover Frank was not a nice Frank, and trust me, I learnt the hard way. But who could I ring to come and pick me up at this time.

I guess I could try Julie and Nick's place. I rang Nick first, but there was no reply. Next I tried Julie. She picked up after the last ring.

"Herro?" She murmured groggily, yawning.

"Hey Julie, its me, Tori. Something's happened, I'll explain it later. Is there any chance that you could come and pick me up and I could stay at yours for the night." I told her.

Obviously picking up on my tone, she became serious. "Of course you can. I can't come and get you coz my license expired a few weeks ago but I'll go and get Nick. He can come and get you while I get a be ready. Can you text him your address?"

"Sure. I'll do that now." I said weakly. "Can you ask him to park a few streets down and I'll meet him there?"

"Yeah. I'll go get him now. Don't worry Tori." She replied then the line went dead.

I unlocked the bathroom door and slipped out. I picked up a black hoodie that was by the door and, with some trouble due to my arm, I slipped it over my head, wincing in pain. I put my school backpack over my good shoulder and opened the front door.

I limped down the drive and pulled my hood over my head. My left arm was still dead by my side. It was dark out, but there were street lamps to light the way.

I shot off a text Nick containing my address. And walked down the street with my head down, but I was limping a lot so I couldn't move very fast. I'd have to use crutches for a week or so. I made a mental note to text Daniel when I got to Julie's as I'd had about seven missed calls from him.

Suddenly, I walked into something hard. My heart rate quickened as I looked up into the face of Aiden Miller.

Oh shit.

Thankfully he didn't notice me. "Watch where you're going." He spat. I breathed a sigh of relief. But then he did the worst thing he could. He pushed past me, shoving his shoulder into my bad one. I couldn't help but cry out in pain as my good hand shot out to clutch the pain.

Aiden span round to face me, fists clenched at his side, but when he saw my face, his softened into a look of confusion. "Tori?" He asked.

"I... er... um..." How was I gonna get out of this one. I held my shoulder tighter. The pain was almost unbearable now.

"Aiden!" I heard a voice call out behind me. I turned round to see all the four guys from my year plus two others. They must be the older brothers Julie told me about. They started to walk towards us.