Chapter 5

~Memory~

It was lunch time. The kids were socializing, and I walked, not saying a word.

I then saw Angelo and his friends walk in my direction.

"Aye, y/n...wanna sit with me?" Angelo asked. I nodded my head, and walked along with him, to his table of friends.

Once again, there were girls looking me down.

"what are you?" A girl said, smacking her gum.

"I think you meant 'who are you', but I'm y/n" I said, clutching my lunchbag.

She stood up, and got in front of me.

"You tryna get smart with someone?" She asked.

"Nah...but I'm not afraid to correct someone who obviously deserves it...now, if you excuse me, I'm trying to sit down..." I said walking past her.

She crossed her arms, and looked at me walking.

"wow, that's all you got to say" she said smirking.

Looks like she still doesn't understand. I paused, then got back up, facing her.

"actually, I have one more thing...how about you go and find you some business, instead of jumping into mine.." I said sitting back down.

She scoffed, and walked away from the table.

The boys were howling and laughing very loudly, it made me smile and blush a bit.

"Dang ma...you handled her" Angelo said laughing.

"Yeah...I mean...you can't just be disrespectful to me like that, shoot, she gone learn today" I said taking out my food.

"Her name's Phoenix, by the way" he said.

"Nicee, I guess..." I replied, not really caring.

Angelo shook his head, and we proceeded to eat...

~~~

I parked outside of Awdhere Middle school, and got out of the car, grabbing my belongings, as well as my application.

When I entered the entrance, it brought back lots of memories. I smiled really hard, knowing that I can possibly be back here to have more memories...

I went to the almost-empty front office, and walked to the desk.

"Hello, uh..I'm here for my interview for the teacher's assistant job" I said to the short woman in front of me.

She looked at me, and rolled her eyes.

"May you please sign in by writing your name here" the woman said, pointing to the paper. Damn, rude much though...

I sighed, and signed in...

"There, now...when does the interview start?" I asked.

She once again, looked at me up and down. She was looking at me so hard, I damn near had to look at myself to see what was wrong!

"It starts right now, follow me..." she said in her thick Northern accent. (New york type accent)

I hesitantly walked along with her...

~~~

She stopped in front of a door, and knocked on it.

The door opened, and out came a, might I say, Foine ass man with a suit and tie on..

"Good morning Mr. Brooks, how's your day been so far?" she said, all professional and shit...

" Good morning to you too Ms. Warren, my day has been pretty great, how about you?" He asked.

"Oh, never better" she said, twirling her hair...I looked at her like, "bruhh, don't nobody want yo old ass". I smiled at my thought, and they looked at me.

"Well, who might you be?" He asked. "Oh, I'm Y/N...I'm here for the interview today..."

"Ahh, I remember someone telling me about you...come in" he said, looking into my eyes.

"okay" I said walking in, looking behind me.

Ms. Warren was looking at us back and forth, like we were weird.

I bit my lip, trying to hold in my laughter.

~~~

We were both sitting down. I stayed quiet, while he was going over my paperwork.

I looked around, and saw plenty of pictures of him in different places....maybe he's a traveler...

"Hmm...you're passing all of your classes....your record is pretty clean as far as I can see...you're practically perfect for this job..." he said.

I nodded my head and smiled, but in the inside, I was happy dancing.

He placed his papers down, and looked me up and down. Damn, wassup with the people over here, staring me up and down?

"Tell me...what do you see in me?" He asked.

I squinted my eyes in confusion. "What was that sir?"

"I said...tell me, what do you see in me" he said partially biting his lower lip.

"Uh...i..uh...I see..." I said lost for words...

"C'mon y/n...I saw the way you looked at me when I walked out of the room...you think I'm hot, huh?" He said, rubbing his chin.

"No...I don't" I barely said. I was lying through my teeth.

He smirked, and got up. He walked from behind his desk. Nothing but my eyes were following him.

He was then out of sight, and I felt hands go onto both of my shoulders.

"y/n, y/n, y/n....what a beautiful melody.." he said, messaging my shoulder.

All that was going through my head was "This man is gonna rape me, and no one's gonna save me..."

I don't know what he was doing, but I wasn't liking it, one bit...

"Uhh, I'm sorry...but I'm afraid I will have to go" I said leaning out of his reach.

"So...you don't want the job?" He asked.

"I do, but-" I said, before I was interrupted.

"Well, let me....treat you with care, and I will give you the job like that...no worries at all" he said.

Although it was a tempting offer, I had to follow my gut instinct.

"I think I'll have to pass on that, sir..it was nice meeting you, h-have a nice day" I said, getting up, about to walk out of the office.

"wait...y/n..." he said.

I paused, and turned his direction.

"Yes, Mr. Brooks?" I said, getting a little annoyed.

He sighed, then shook his head....

"...you got the job...." he said.

~~~

Well...that was pretty good if I do say so myself. I mean, Lo wasn't in it, but...still pretty good, lol. Tell me what you think about the story, and I wanna see some votes, and comments, and other stuffffffffff, lol. There's new ish coming soon, so stay tuneddd.

Peace out Mofo
-AmbitiousMya